Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

I have a dillema

Views : 347

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 20th, 2021, 15:00   #1
jack taylor
Master Member

Default I have a dillema

Hi, I have a 1998 V70 2.5, 10v auto. She has done about 140,00 miles and regularly serviced.
I have used her for business for past 10 years but now I have retired I have no further need of her. My Wife has a smaller car that we now use.
I can take the V70 to our local breakers and get €100 but is sicken me to think it will be crushed or the breakers make a mint from stripping it.
In spain now if one sells a car the seller is responsible for the cost of repairs to engine and gearbox for the first 6 months. Sods law something will happen and cost me a small fortune. The fact that nothing serious has ever happened is beside the point.
I have neither the time nor the ability to strip and sell parts.
To transfer ownership here is very expensive and will cost about €200 to €500.
I live near Fuengirola and wondered whether there are any guys who are not a million miles from me who would like the car for €300. plus transfer fees. I should post pics but have absolutely no idea how to do it. jack. P.S, I assume this is posted in correct section.
jack taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20th, 2021, 16:44   #2
Willow place

Hi, not seen or heard about seller pays for repairs for 6 months, where ? DGT site ? Many a car in Almeria are sold as seen , if it had been a D5 2003 I would have bought it .
Willow place is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 16:44   #3
VerdeV70

Out of curiosity what condition is it in? Colour, spec etc would also be of interest. As for pics, I think you can just attach them provided they are not too large.

As for the seller being responsible for 6 months for all repairs, that's not correct. The seller has to provide a mandatory warranty of 6 months on any faults the car has before the sale that are not disclosed. The issue is for the buyer proving the issue existed before the sale. Be upfront and honest and you will be fine.

I would doubt they will crush it, but for sure, they will make a pretty penny on breaking it. In the last year I have had a front light and indicator unit and a handbrake lever (it snapped off in my hand!!!). The lights were about 60 euros for the 2 light and separate indicator unit, and the handbrake lever was 30 euros. There is your scrap value right there more or less.
VerdeV70 is offline   Reply With Quote