Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Windscreen: Water ingress on 60 models 2008 on

Views : 402179

Replies : 113

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2020, 10:25   #101
TrukaTim

Default 2012 v70 wet under passenger seat

at 151000 miles, Just found a lake under our electric passenger seat. Footwell has had occasional mysterious wet patches before but never noticed this huge lake before. No sign of any ingress anywhere but windscreen does flex a little at the top LHS. only seems to happen when car is stood...
Other than that, this is one top motor !!
TrukaTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 21:44   #102
Dannydude

Default Fixing Leaky windscreen on early P3 Volvo's

This guy shares his Volvo Owning experience, Drivelife Channel on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWK30xUUA8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kS6aTPTOnw

You will notice in the first Video that Volvo UK did say if the windscreen breaks, they are not liable for it. This is because of the nature of windscreens being bonded. Nobody can 100% guarantee removing a windscreen without breaking it, on any car.

These video's are very good and a wealth of information about Volvo Ownership (mostly positive). Thanks Drivelife Channel You Tuber.
Dannydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11th, 2021, 22:49   #103
JRL
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonsdale View Post
custcare@volvocars.com

That's how mine started, it went from a few dribbles to 2" water in the n/s footwell almost overnight
Emailed while I was in Somerset. Got an immediate reply asking who my nearest dealer was, I replied telling Volvo UK that it was Volvo Taunton. Upshot of it all was my windscreen was re bonded with no cost to myself a week later. Obviously Volvo Taunton had plenty of experience with this repair as it was handled with absolutely no problems and they knew all about the windscreen leaking problem.

Got it done while I was in Somerset Oct to Dec as to be brutally honest I wouldn't trust the Volvo dealer in N.Ireland with a wind up toy car!
Old Feb 24th, 2021, 20:46   #104
bart586

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRL View Post
Emailed while I was in Somerset. Got an immediate reply asking who my nearest dealer was, I replied telling Volvo UK that it was Volvo Taunton. Upshot of it all was my windscreen was re bonded with no cost to myself a week later. Obviously Volvo Taunton had plenty of experience with this repair as it was handled with absolutely no problems and they knew all about the windscreen leaking problem.

Got it done while I was in Somerset Oct to Dec as to be brutally honest I wouldn't trust the Volvo dealer in N.Ireland with a wind up toy car!
Volvo have just approved mine for a no cost fix too (2011, 134000)
bart586 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bart586 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 12th, 2021, 15:43   #105
scottnye2015

Same issued happening here (2012 XC60 D5), spoke to Volvo UK, they readily admitted that there is an issue which they are aware of and to contact local dealer to have it replaced at no cost.
scottnye2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scottnye2015 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 14:53   #106
Jimmyg148

Default Volvo v50

Good afternoon everyone. I have the same issue with my V50 2009 leaking at the to of windows emailed volvo UK and are just waiting for my local dealer to contact me to arrange getting it in to diagnosis. Hopefully this won't take to long as my local dealer aren't very renowned for there speed will up date later onec I find out more
Jimmyg148 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jimmyg148 For This Useful Post:
Old May 21st, 2022, 12:18   #107
arrancoote

Windscreen leak, 09 XC60, 208000km dz d5 2.4 turbo diesel.
Very wet here on east coast of Australia recently, initially a bad smell and more recently water dripping from the interior light assembly.

The windscreen moves when the top is pushed gently upwards from inside the car.

Volvo customer service were not interested, told me to take it to a dealer and pay for an inspection

The dealer flat out said no, not interested in any part of helping me. Volvo is a safety focused brand, the windscreen is a structural component of the car and having it fall out for no reason is quite the **** up.
arrancoote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10th, 2023, 20:02   #108
AP90

Spoke to Volvo about my 2013 XC60 that has sprung the upper windscreen leak

They said there was no known issue and I should take it to the local dealer for assessment

I decided to just use a local guy here in Cornwall and they did d great job, on removal they explain that the whole top of the screen was not attached to the bodywork

The adhesive was stuck hard to the body but not the glass, they said it was due to no priming of the glass

The guys made short work of it and the car is now sealed 120 quid, for peace of mind I think it is well worth it, it would have e cost me half a days labour and a few quid in fuel to go to my Volvo dealer which is about 1hr+ drive each way
AP90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AP90 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 21st, 2023, 07:26   #109
Simonrd

Default XC60 MY2012 - Windscreen Water Ingress knock on issues

Hi, wondered if anyone can advise please.

XC60, SE 2.4 D5 AWD, MY2012. Water ingress at top of windscreen, resulting in water dripping from interior light module and running through black box area behind the rearview mirror. 3 sensors in there I think: auto wipers,city safety and cruise control? Windscreen getting replaced by autoglass (fortuitously?? large stone hit on Saturday).

Amber dashboard Warning lights (but no error codes) and messages for:

City Safety Service Required
Collision Warning. Service Required
DSTC Temporarily Off

Amber dashboard lights for ABS and skidding car within Warning triangle.

Adaptive Cruise Control is not available.

I can only presume water has damaged PCB within the unit(s) behind mirror???

Could anyone advise if I need one of these:

Volvo XC60 2012 Front Radar & Rain Sensor ECU P31295504 ??

If so, any advice or links to a video on how to change it (windscreen replacement might be able to calibrate it ??)

Any help most appreciated.

Should I try Volvo UK? 10+ years old at 107k miles.

Simon
Simonrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2023, 12:58   #110
Zigster

Do you have a sunroof?
I’ve had the windscreen problem (fixed by Volvo UK as goodwill - mostly). Second time around, it appears to have been the sunroof drains blocked - the different symptom was water coming from the internal light cluster this time.