Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Fault codes list-applicable to all P2 models

Views : 309476

Replies : 55

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 6th, 2015, 12:13   #51
harveys
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBBob View Post

Hi there S60-MBS.
Thanks smuchly for all these codes.

I have a BUT.

I have a little orange plugin device (U480) that is supposed to read trouble codes.
On my 2005 V70 T5, it doesn't work.
However I have a BSR performance upgrade to about 320bhp, (£500) and paid extra for the code reader to be added to the same unit.

My old U480 scanner that would not work, lists the trouble codes in the manual the same as yours.

BUT the BSR lists the codes totally differently.

i.e. numbers are in hexadecimal. (0x0071 is Climate Control Unit, Damper motor faulty position). I can convert to decimal. (113).

So where do I look up the deepest meanings of all these secret codes?
and how do they correlate?

Your above info is much appreciated.

Thanks again.
I guess you need this list.

http://www.bsr.se/docs/man_diagnos_uk.pdf
Old Feb 6th, 2016, 19:46   #52
lenjo

Default Code readers

Is there a recommended (affordable) code reader on the market, with which I can sort out or (at least try to) track down a strange fault on my XC70 (2006 model).

It's a problem of a loud noise coming through the speakers, like a hum or buzz. This noise is not coming through the dashboard speaker and is being amplified by the under-seat amplifier. Removal of the fuse supplying the amplifier clears the noise from that source. I have checked (replaced) the amplifier and bench tested it and the HU850 radio, whilst checking the interconnecting screened cable.

The noise is coming from the CAN-BUS. The radio and the amplifier, including cable were set up on my bench with a power supply and all performed perfectly, however when both set-ups were connected into the car, the noise was still present.

I asked my non-Volvo dealer garage (an excellent repair set-up I will add) to check it with their OBD reader, the codes were erased (only cost me £5 by the way) this cleared up the noise and all was well. Unfortunately, a few days later I was driving along and the fault returned. So I am now looking for a similar code reader in order that I can track the cause of this fault down.

If anyone has a unit that can do this could they get in touch with me and I can check what unit to buy in order to track this fault down at my leisure.

I live in Newport in South Wales.

Regards,

Lenjo
lenjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2016, 10:32   #53
lenjo

To reply, my email is lenjo@abatron.co.uk.

Thanks in anticipation.
Old Feb 18th, 2016, 14:01   #54
lenjo

Default Further to my earlier posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenjo View Post
To reply, my email is lenjo@abatron.co.uk.

Thanks in anticipation.
I have now bought a iCarsoft scanner, version i906 at a cost of £86.90p, and have now turned off the fault. I'll have to see if it returns.
Old Mar 16th, 2016, 02:30   #55
lenjo

Angry

Quote:
I have now bought a iCarsoft scanner, version i906 at a cost of £86.90p, and have now turned off the fault. I'll have to see if it returns.
Latest news on this subject, since I last wrote, I have not had any more trouble with that fault returning, so I can say that the gadget was the right one for the job.

I could so easily have been ripped off by the people claiming to be experts and working in the franchises. I was told with great certainty that it was a fault with the aerial, or the amplifier, which raised a chuckle from me as I was a self employed radio and TV etc engineer before I retired, and knew they were simply guessing as they knew nothing about it, despite my giving a complete and thorough description of the problems I was encountering with the HU850 unit fitted to my XC70, not even the so-called "experts" Marcel and and his buddy David.

Sincerely yours, Lenjo
Old Oct 8th, 2016, 20:39   #56
lenjo

Default The fault has been solved.

Quote:
Latest news on this subject, since I last wrote, I have not had any more trouble with that fault returning, so I can say that the gadget was the right one for the job.

I could so easily have been ripped off by the people claiming to be experts and working in the franchises. I was told with great certainty that it was a fault with the aerial, or the amplifier, which raised a chuckle from me as I was a self employed radio and TV etc engineer before I retired, and knew they were simply guessing as they knew nothing about it, despite my giving a complete and thorough description of the problems I was encountering with the HU850 unit fitted to my XC70, not even the so-called "experts" Marcel and and his buddy David.

Sincerely yours, Lenjo
Extra news on this subject.

The fault did show up again, but when I took the car to Keith Price Volvos in Abergavenny to have the rear bumper replaced, the fault seems to have disappeared at last. It appears that the rear park assist sensors were the cause. The intermittent connection showed up with the noise through the CAN BUS and ultimately through the speakers as a loud roar, or hum (it's difficult to describe what it sounded like). I never saw a fault code for this fault even when the fault did show up, although I was under the false impression that clearing the DTC's as show on the reader did seem to have done the trick. When the noise reappeared I was rather unhappy with events, but I am hopeful that it won't reappear now that the rear bumper has been replaced. It was replaced because of damage occasioned before my ownership of the car, to the bumper. If there is any more news on this subject, I will return to it.

Regards Lenjo.