Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Ex-Police 2011 D5 XC70

Views : 4875

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 7th, 2021, 19:29   #11
ECKXC70

Default Message

Hi James,

Thanks for your message.
I’m sorry, I tried to reply your message, but still I can’t DM you.

That's a shame, I thought you were still based in London.

Do you have any plans to come this side anytime soon?

With regard the things that need doing:
1. I saw that in your original add, I thought was fixed by the garage.
2. Thanks for let me know.
3. Apparently, a PITA to change… Do you have an estimate by a garage about how much it could cost to replace the gear shift mechanism?

Some other questions:
4. Did you sort out the problem with the RWD not engaging?
5. When was the Cam belt, auxiliary belts, pulleys / tensioners, water pump replaced?
6. What kind of service history does the car have since you own it?
7. Is there any warning messages?
8. Did you repair the faulty locks?
9. How are the tyres now?
10. Do you have more photos of the car, interior and engine bay?

Regards
ECKXC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7th, 2021, 20:53   #12
Puffster

I go up sometimes but not if I can help it

Can't recall what I sent you but the engine mount is new issue - the u/j was fixed.
Gear shift mech is literally a lump of plastic that needs torx bolts to undo, remove and replace, though the advice given by the parts dept was don't move the position/cut zip tie until the connecting rod is in place.

No
Water pump wasn't done but the cam belt was done when I got it, just in case.
None I get it serviced when it gets an MOT
No warnings other than the service one, which I need to turn off as my local garage never bothers with that bit, even on my RRS.
No - cba as I don't live in London anymore and the OSR one I just do when I get out the car if I'm in "town". I have the motors though.
As you would expect - the rears probably need changing soon, fronts have some life in them.

As I said, wasn't actually actively looking to sell, this is by no means an immaculate car, the price reflects a) the mileage and b) its police "heritage". As a Volvo its at least 1/2 the price of any equivalent one of the same mileage but it is reliable, goes like stink when you want it to, is suitably frugal when you don't and has all the touches & practicalities that you look for/expect.
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 02:32   #13
ECKXC70

Hello James,
I’m sorry, I missed your message.
I’m afraid but with the lack of recently service history and the problems the cars have, I have to say sorry, not for me.
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffster View Post
I go up sometimes but not if I can help it

Can't recall what I sent you but the engine mount is new issue - the u/j was fixed.
Gear shift mech is literally a lump of plastic that needs torx bolts to undo, remove and replace, though the advice given by the parts dept was don't move the position/cut zip tie until the connecting rod is in place.

No
Water pump wasn't done but the cam belt was done when I got it, just in case.
None I get it serviced when it gets an MOT
No warnings other than the service one, which I need to turn off as my local garage never bothers with that bit, even on my RRS.
No - cba as I don't live in London anymore and the OSR one I just do when I get out the car if I'm in "town". I have the motors though.
As you would expect - the rears probably need changing soon, fronts have some life in them.

As I said, wasn't actually actively looking to sell, this is by no means an immaculate car, the price reflects a) the mileage and b) its police "heritage". As a Volvo its at least 1/2 the price of any equivalent one of the same mileage but it is reliable, goes like stink when you want it to, is suitably frugal when you don't and has all the touches & practicalities that you look for/expect.
ECKXC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26th, 2021, 22:07   #14
Turbodave
VOC Member

At £3500 for a 11 plate XC70, niggles or not... it doesn't sound like a dear car to me. Think adjusting one's expectations accordingly are prudent at times like this. If you want top spec, low miles and no issues... triple your budget.

Good luck with the sale, I suspect if it were nearer the green bits... somebody would have taken this by now. Superb winter tool / dog transport / general tool and given the market today, £3500 for that sounds rather cheap to be honest.
Turbodave is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turbodave For This Useful Post: