Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Low fuel pressure will not wont start d5 2002

Views : 8313

Replies : 41

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 6th, 2015, 12:58   #1
Jack5cylinder

Default Low fuel pressure will not wont start d5 2002

Hi guys this d5 run out of fuel the other day will not start got desiel to injectors

Live data show fuel pressure is really low at 400 kps ang only goes as high as 2500

The intank pump is working for over a 1 min then turns off

Splutters on easy start

Codes are p0094 small leak detected p0148 fuel delivery error

Will not start please help i have changed crank sensor

Could this be the fuel rail pressure sensor at fualt

I know every one harps on about injectors but these were mint no power loss no smoke no limp mode. No staring issuers before stated like a petrol

Any know what the crack is. Cheers

Last edited by Jack5cylinder; Dec 6th, 2015 at 13:01.
Jack5cylinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 13:14   #2
reggit
Premier Member

If fuel is getting to rail, the pressure sensor on the driverside of the fuel rail will cause a non-start if it's dead. May be worth re-seating the connector.

Is your fuel filter clean, this is a common cause of D5 woes. How much fuel is in the tank?
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 13:28   #3
Brendan W
Premier Member

A leak back test of the injectors is easy to do and would at least eliminate them. 40 cc a minute at idle is the generally accepted limit. If one is leaking badly the rail will not develop starting pressure.
Brendan W is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brendan W For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 13:34   #4
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5cylinder View Post
i have changed crank sensor
Confused........ In this thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...72#post2021972 you said you couldn't replace the sensor because you can't get the right one.
Are you still getting 0rpm and no rev needle movement during failed starts?

It would be better to stick to one thread because you have one problem, a non start so it's easier for us all to follow and see what's been tried and where you're up to.
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 15:30   #5
Jack5cylinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheshired5 View Post
Confused........ In this thread http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showth...72#post2021972 you said you couldn't replace the sensor because you can't get the right one.
Are you still getting 0rpm and no rev needle movement during failed starts?

It would be better to stick to one thread because you have one problem, a non start so it's easier for us all to follow and see what's been tried and where you're up to.
New crank sensor fitted getting a reading know about 300 rpm

Fuel pressure pump is kicking loads of juice out when I remover the fuel Metering-valve when I crank it

Also I did try a leak of test with just starter Motior for 1 min they was was a pass with les than 25 mill

Also now when u turn the ignition on most the Time I have gauges no lights everything still works ie windows starter would this give me crazy fuel pessure on live data many thanks for the replies
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 15:32   #6
Jack5cylinder

Sorry for the other post I just thought because of changing the crank sensor I had a different problem /problems
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 15:37   #7
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack5cylinder View Post
Sorry for the other post I just thought because of changing the crank sensor I had a different problem /problems
Your problem is the car not starting.
That hasn't changed.

At least you're getting a rev reading now with the new crank sensor.

I would now be thinking that either the fuel pressure regulator is faulty and not allowing sufficient pressure to build or the rail pressure sensor is faulty and not recognising the correct pressure.

Both are normally very reliable so should be cheap to source from a breakers.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheshired5 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 15:47   #8
Jack5cylinder

Yes my dad said fuel rail pressure sensor also when ignition on I'm not getting a buzz from nether of them Is this right ?

Also the gauges are acting up now got no dash lights would this electrical fault cause interruption with the fuel sensors ? Il get the two sensors tmorrow no problem

Just thought the gauges (dim) shorting out or something would cause it not to start I have no idea of that being the case just a question for you good guys many thanks brothers
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 15:53   #9
cheshired5
Premier Member

I can't see the DIM being the issue with starting so long as your orange engine symbol is going out.
If that's staying on, you may have an immobiliser issue preventing fuel delivery.
The immobiliser antenna ring is near the ignition barrel under the plastic steering cowl. It's not unheard of for the connection to go dodgy.
Old Dec 6th, 2015, 15:58   #10
Jack5cylinder

Also I undone the back seat got to the intank pump hooked off the feed line to the filter and it had loads of back pressure when I unliped it spayed fuel out a force. Would a new blocked filter couse it not start
The Following User Says Thank You to Jack5cylinder For This Useful Post: