Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anyone else waiting on an XC60?

Views : 37389

Replies : 217

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 25th, 2021, 17:49   #91
Ian.7878

I starting to get to the point of wondering if the car will actually arrive!
Was ordered in mid-june, was not able to order BLIS or 360, When i asked dealer a week or so back WHEN the original build date was end of Sept, If i could add 360 on to the order. they looked and told me the order had CLOSED, and no further changes could be made, that happened End of Aug! Thanks for telling me!
Im hoping that it will get built on the new dates that i have been given!
It all starting to wear VERY thin

Cheers
Old Sep 25th, 2021, 18:13   #92
scotdoc72

Ordered XC60 this morning! I'd previously ordered a Q5 but after nearly 7 months the build week had yet to be confirmed, several features had been deleted without discussion, only 1 full key is currently being supplied, and it was very doubtful that it would arrive before 2022.

So - have ordered:
XC60 Recharge Inscription Pro, black leather and Denim Blue
360 Camera
Tow bar / tow pack
Bowers and Wilkins / lounge pack

Delivery anticipated early March (which is when the Q5 might conceivably have arrived)

And - there's 0% finance and a free home charge installation too, which is a bonus.
scotdoc72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25th, 2021, 18:22   #93
Amatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin447 View Post
Mine should’ve been with the dealer on the 19th and it’s not looking like it will be here this week either. The order tracking system that the dealers use is not accurate in this instance. Volvo even admitted that in their bulletin…
I was hopeful that the car was still on track after the dealer confirmed it had a build date and estimated delivery of 17th - 22nd Oct.

It looks like your warnings have been confirmed Griffin. The dealer contacted me yesterday to say it had been delayed by a week. I'm not making any assumptions of having the car before Christmas at this rate...
Amatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26th, 2021, 08:58   #94
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatt View Post
I was hopeful that the car was still on track after the dealer confirmed it had a build date and estimated delivery of 17th - 22nd Oct.

It looks like your warnings have been confirmed Griffin. The dealer contacted me yesterday to say it had been delayed by a week. I'm not making any assumptions of having the car before Christmas at this rate...
The delays I’m having are caused by transport issues at the Europort in Poland. Too much freight congestion due to a huge increase in rail freight. I can’t comment on Sweden made cars however the industry as a whole is experiencing delays. What’s annoying most of all is Volvo knew about the delays in Poland since the start of August yet decided to do nothing about it until it was too late!
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 12:13   #95
BlueOrchid

Angry Waiting game

I’m in a similar position too. The dealer had previously been very confident it would be arriving around 19th September. Now that date has come and gone and he doesn’t seem to be receiving any updates. And I’ve gone and sold my car three weeks ago! So now we are down to one car in the household. I live round the corner from Volvo head office so tempted to bang on their door for some answers if I’m not updated soon!
BlueOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlueOrchid For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 13:28   #96
MtillingVolvo
Sales Monkey @Volvo Npton

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotdoc72 View Post
Ordered XC60 this morning! I'd previously ordered a Q5 but after nearly 7 months the build week had yet to be confirmed, several features had been deleted without discussion, only 1 full key is currently being supplied, and it was very doubtful that it would arrive before 2022.

So - have ordered:
XC60 Recharge Inscription Pro, black leather and Denim Blue
360 Camera
Tow bar / tow pack
Bowers and Wilkins / lounge pack

Delivery anticipated early March (which is when the Q5 might conceivably have arrived)

And - there's 0% finance and a free home charge installation too, which is a bonus.
I'd ask for a screenshot of the ordering system once its been accepted by the factory, as March sounds a bit optimistic to me assuming you're getting the higher capacity battery?....happy to be proved wrong though!

Main Dealer Based in Northampton
mtilling@bellsmotorgroup.co.uk
MtillingVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 13:46   #97
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacau View Post
Hello guys

Yesterday, with only one month before scheduled delivery, got a call from the dealer telling me that the ventilated seats are no longer available .... and if i don't switch to normal seats, the order will be deleted and I have been waiting for nothing if I insist on this option....
Just had the same disappointing news today about the removal of the Ventilated Seats and the ventilated Nappa Leather.

What is not totally clear however is whether other associated specification items have also been removed as a result of this announcement.

Are the following also now gone:
  • Power Driver and Passenger Seat with Memory for Seats and Exterior Mirrors?
  • Front Seat Cushion Extensions and Power Side Support?
  • Multi-directional Lumbar Support?
  • Tailored Instrument Panel with Contrast Stitching?

In other words, does this mean I’m going to get a kind of hybrid seat design, in between a Momentum and Inscription. Or am I in reality getting a standard Momentum seat?

Also, what exactly is (Leather-faced Upholstery) as stated for a Momentum? Is this some kind of faux leatherette or half leather material or is it simply a slightly lower quality full leather compared to the Nappa leather?

Thanks all
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 13:52   #98
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Just had the same disappointing news today about the removal of the Ventilated Seats and the ventilated Nappa Leather.

What is not totally clear however is whether other associated specification items have also been removed as a result of this announcement.

Are the following also now gone:
  • Power Driver and Passenger Seat with Memory for Seats and Exterior Mirrors?
  • Front Seat Cushion Extensions and Power Side Support?
  • Multi-directional Lumbar Support?
  • Tailored Instrument Panel with Contrast Stitching?

In other words, does this mean I’m going to get a kind of hybrid seat design, in between a Momentum and Inscription. Or am I in reality getting a standard Momentum seat?

Also, what exactly is (Leather-faced Upholstery) as stated for a Momentum? Is this some kind of faux leatherette or half leather material or is it simply a slightly lower quality full leather compared to the Nappa leather?

Thanks all
The below is extracts of what we've been told

"ventilation system supplied with Nappa upholstery

..we need to produce vehicles only with the standard leather upholstery....

Nappa upholstery and Ventilated Seats are linked together in central systems and cannot be offered individually.

Massage and Power Side Support features will be removed from the offer where applicable"

I can't see any suggestion that Power Driver and Passenger Seat with Memory for Seats and Exterior Mirrors, Front Seat Cushion Extensions, Multi-directional Lumbar Support or Tailored Instrument Panel with Contrast Stitching will be impacted.

Although it hasn't been confirmed yet - I'd imagine that a Nappa Non Ventilated leather will be offered as an alternative (i.e. a smooth leather without the ventilation holes required for the ventilated seats)

Old Sep 27th, 2021, 14:25   #99
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post

Although it hasn't been confirmed yet - I'd imagine that a Nappa Non Ventilated leather will be offered as an alternative (i.e. a smooth leather without the ventilation holes required for the ventilated seats)
Thanks for the quick feedback.

Your speculation that a non-perforated Nappa leather will be fitted instead, is the only suitable work around.

The problem with fitting the Momentum Leather-faced Upholstery is that its finish is completely different to the Nappa leather finish. Imagine having Momentum finish seats in a car where the rest of the leather parts e.g. dash, doors and centre console arm rest, are in Nappa finish… This mishmash of different leather finishes would look like a complete dogs dinner and negatively affect future second-hand sales values.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtillingVolvo View Post

Massage and Power Side Support features will be removed from the offer where applicable"[/I]
Luckily for me, I did not opt for the massage seats, so one less issue.

Can you tell me what exactly is the 'Power Side Support' as I may be confusing it with something else, which may be wrong.

Many thanks
Old Sep 27th, 2021, 14:32   #100
MtillingVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Thanks for the quick feedback.

Can you tell me what exactly is the 'Power Side Support' as I may be confusing it with something else, which may be wrong.

Many thanks
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...the-front-seat

Basically its the Side Bolsters on the backrest of the seat (the "Wings" for want of a better phrase) that won't have power adjustment.

Its described as "Front Seat Cushion Extensions and Power Side Support" in the specification guide although I don't read that the Cushion Extensions are going to be effected.....

As I understand it the Lumbar adjustment side of things will not be impacted.

Last edited by MtillingVolvo; Sep 27th, 2021 at 14:35.
The Following User Says Thank You to MtillingVolvo For This Useful Post: