Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc70 2010

Views : 1550

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2021, 18:20   #1
volvoski

Default Xc70 2010

It’s come to the moment where my wife’s XC70 or my Land Rover Discovery 3 needs to be sold. Both are getting advertised and whichever sells first goes. We need a town car.....
Her Volvo has had one previous owner. She has had the car since it was three years old and finished its lease.
It’s black with black leather. SELux model with sat nav,front and rear parking sensors and all the other stuff. It all works. She has clocked up around 95,000 miles in her ownership and it sits now at 196,000 from memory. Vast majority of these have been carrying us and the dogs between Leicester and Somerset. It has had one breakdown in all that time when the auxiliary belt snapped two years ago and it obviously had a new one fitted.
The car has been serviced and all repairs carried out by two garages. One the local Volvo independent- Sheffield and Meredith in Leicester and my Land Rover independent.
I would drive this car to anywhere tomorrow. Uses no oil and no water.
It’s in great condition. Not immaculate but great. Never been bumped. I will put a new MOT on the car for the new owner.
Please message me if interested and I can provide any pictures of the car you want.
I think £3,950 Ono is a fair price.
Alfa Spider 916
Honda Jazz auto (sorry)
volvoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 24th, 2021, 20:20   #2
XCR
Master Member

On the face of it, that seems a very keen price and a lot of car. I'm sure it will sell quickly. In Black too. Mmmmm
Good luck with the sale !
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 10:04   #3
iecuk

Hello,

Do you have any details on the service history and when the last timing service was carried out please?

Also, could you send some general photos and if possible highlight any of the negative interior / exterior points please?

Can't PM yet sorry.

Thanks,

Ian
iecuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30th, 2021, 11:03   #4
volvoski

I can do that. I’m not anywhere near the car or it’s paperwork folder until later today so I will do it then.
Alfa Spider 916
Honda Jazz auto (sorry)
Old Oct 1st, 2021, 12:06   #5
volvoski

Been digging out paperwork for the Volvo. In my defence it’s my wife’s car....there is some I can’t find. 2014/2013 MOT certificates are not in the folder.
The service book is only stamped up to 155,000 miles and that was by the Volvo independent we use. It was 2017. There are bills from the same garage for service work and repair work but she hasn’t got the book stamped. There are I’m sure several bills missing too. Car has only done 5,000 miles odd in last 18 months. Last oil and filter change I have a receipt for is is 2019at 178,334 miles but I know it was done last year too. We do it around 10,000 miles or whenever it goes in for anything that needed doing.
Last cambelt change I have a receipt for is 2014 at 106,000 miles.
I’m sure it’s been done in our ownership too. Even on those figures it’s not due on miles yet but would be due on years.
Still trying to figure out posting pictures. If anyone wants pictures send me your e Mail address and I can send them like that my wife tells me.
I’m going to look through the folders of paperwork for our other cars- we have five currently....- and see if mywife has put the missing bills in another folder by mistake. It’s more likely the receipts have lived on the front seat then into the footwell then gradually destroyed underfoot.......
Alfa 156
Alfa Spider 916
Honda Jazz auto (sorry)
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 18:07   #6
allister

Default " Still trying to figure out posting pictures. "

" Still trying to figure out posting pictures. "

I had the same issue trying to get images in the forum posting and came to the conclusion that the files were all too big.

In the end I set up a free Flickr account and that seemed to work fine with the gallery URL in the forum posting reply as a link like this:

< https://www.flickr.com/photos/194076837@N03/albums >

Good luck with the sale !
allister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to allister For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 02:24   #7
ECKXC70

Hello,
Is the car still available?
Is it manual?

many thanks
ECKXC70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2021, 21:34   #8
volvoski

Car still available. There is someone interested in the Land Rover so it may be unavailable soon. Only one needs to go. It’s an auto with a sports box to the side of the gate.
Alfa Spider 916
Honda Jazz auto (sorry)
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 18:46   #9
volvoski

The Discovery has sold so the Volvo is staying.
Replaced the Disco with another Alfa……
Alfa Spider 916
Honda Jazz auto (sorry)