Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50 owners, need your help..

Views : 490

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 24th, 2021, 16:14   #1
hotbot

Default V50 owners, need your help..

Hi all - hoping you can help,

Re the post here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=320185

I've found an item on eBay: ebay.ie/itm/224620691639 and wondered if you guys could advise on fit/extra fasteners required?

Also, any suggestions on how to convince a seller to ship when they say collection only?

Thanks in advance..
hotbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2021, 15:13   #2
hotbot

..update on this.
The seller on eBay wouldn’t ship no matter how much I implored him to do so, so I sourced a used skirt locally for €30 and am having it re-painted for €150, which while not an insignificant sum all told, is reasonable considering some businesses quoted me €365 while others refused point blank to do it! Even the main Volvo dealership wouldn’t touch it and only offered to assist if I ordered a new part from them and then had it painted also by them.
Anyway fingers crossed the repaint is a good match and the assembly/refit comes back together for me.

Next job A/C which is inop (doesn’t retain refrigerant charge when turned on). On that, can anyone tell me what compressor units are compatible on the V50 MY2010 B4164T 1.6 Drive (non s/s) for me to source a used one - Volvo obvs., Mazda, Ford, Peugeot - anything else?
hotbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7th, 2021, 12:55   #3
StatusRed
Premier Member

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbot View Post
..update on this.
The seller on eBay wouldn’t ship no matter how much I implored him to do so, so I sourced a used skirt locally for €30 and am having it re-painted for €150, which while not an insignificant sum all told, is reasonable considering some businesses quoted me €365 while others refused point blank to do it! Even the main Volvo dealership wouldn’t touch it and only offered to assist if I ordered a new part from them and then had it painted also by them.
Anyway fingers crossed the repaint is a good match and the assembly/refit comes back together for me.

Next job A/C which is inop (doesn’t retain refrigerant charge when turned on). On that, can anyone tell me what compressor units are compatible on the V50 MY2010 B4164T 1.6 Drive (non s/s) for me to source a used one - Volvo obvs., Mazda, Ford, Peugeot - anything else?
I know a lot of engine and suspension parts are shared with Mazda, Ford etc but no idea about the aircon sorry. Maybe try Autodoc.

Previous: C70 Coupe 2.4i | Saab 9-5 Aero | Daihatsu SporTrak
StatusRed is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StatusRed For This Useful Post: