Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Dealer fit options for an S90

Views : 1322

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 08:58   #11
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
Sorry I don't know what happened to the link, it is an open site.

Try this link
https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...ies?modelID=18

or this one

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/

Then select saloon and then S90 and your model year
Both links send me to a login page. Tried my VolvoID Username and password to no effect.
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 13:30   #12
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Login page too
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 16:53   #13
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

It's beyond my IT skills as to what is happening with the links. Typical hide it from the public stuff that we get in the UK over stuff like this maybe. They worked fine for me but when I just checked they took me to the log in page.

Try using the US link below. It has the same listings as the UK site I linked.

If you scroll down to rear view camera ands then click on 'more information' it takes you to the detail part number etc page. There is then a link to the installation instructions from that page.

What it tells you is that will be available as a post production modification in the UK although the references, part nos may be different. You can also see all the other bits and pieces you can add if you wish.
Your service dept look at similar 'internal Volvo' dox to check the mod is possible and order parts and fitting instructions.

I hope you can access this page but if not sorry I don't have any other ideas.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...7/T5/Automatic
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 22:13   #14
Wizzpop
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov04v View Post
Have a3xlook here. Shows what is available after market. The link 8s the page for S90 2017.

https://volvocarsaccessories.co.uk/A...ies?modelID=18

It show the rear view camera for £695.

You need to scroll down thecpage to find it.

hth
Have found the open accessories site for the UK, it is
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-om

Perhaps the links ovlov04 posted are for dealers.
Old Sep 22nd, 2021, 23:19   #15
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony H View Post
Thanks, it was Taggarts who came up with the price for CarPlay, they said that the camera could be fitted as well but didn't have a price.

I commute up and down the A9, and the heated screen has been a godsend in the past.

Although the S90 has been a bit of a compromise in terms of what I wanted, it has been amazing so far (and the power difference over a D2 V40 is astounding)
you shouldn't miss a heated screen, a volvo doesn't need one , it's a marketing thing ... the normal defroster works very well as they always have going right back to the 140 which had the hottest heater ever tested by MOTOR magazine ( 38C )

Take a look here , If it is not in this catalogue you cant fit it ...

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 09:47   #16
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
you shouldn't miss a heated screen, a volvo doesn't need one , it's a marketing thing ... the normal defroster works very well as they always have going right back to the 140 which had the hottest heater ever tested by MOTOR magazine ( 38C )

Take a look here , If it is not in this catalogue you cant fit it ...

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-gb
With all due respect, I'm not sure about that. While I'm not sure I'd bother replacing a screen to get a heated one, I think to say a Volvo doesn't need one ins't strictly valid. I can't say for my current B5 as I haven't had it in winter months yet, but my previous D5 XC90 took an age to get hot air coming through the vents, it was one of my annoyances that it would take so long to get the cabin temperature warming up when you started a journey. I'm sure if you put XC90's in an ice covered screen melting race, the one with a heated screen would be done way faster than the one without. There is potentially an environmental benefit to the heated screen too, as they reduce the time the car is sat idling waiting for the heater to warm up enough to clear the screen.

:wq
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 10:38   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
With all due respect, I'm not sure about that. While I'm not sure I'd bother replacing a screen to get a heated one, I think to say a Volvo doesn't need one ins't strictly valid. I can't say for my current B5 as I haven't had it in winter months yet, but my previous D5 XC90 took an age to get hot air coming through the vents, it was one of my annoyances that it would take so long to get the cabin temperature warming up when you started a journey. I'm sure if you put XC90's in an ice covered screen melting race, the one with a heated screen would be done way faster than the one without. There is potentially an environmental benefit to the heated screen too, as they reduce the time the car is sat idling waiting for the heater to warm up enough to clear the screen.

:wq
Not something which I have noticed having done many hundreds of icy defrosts on all models of volvo . there are clear patches in the frost within 2 minutes ... many are equipped with ceramic electric elements in the heater for this sole purpose.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 15:29   #18
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizzpop View Post
Have found the open accessories site for the UK, it is
https://accessories.volvocars.com/en-om

Perhaps the links ovlov04 posted are for dealers.
Thanks for finding that. The content pages are exactly those I linked so who knows what the interwebthingy security bureacracy did with them.
Old Sep 23rd, 2021, 19:53   #19
Tony H

I'm guessing the links o the first page must be for dealers as you said it showed the prices whereas the links to the accessories sites don't.

Thanks for all your help though
Tony H is offline   Reply With Quote