Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D5244T11 Engine System Service Required - No Boost Under 3K

Views : 937

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 2nd, 2021, 15:49   #1
jronnquist

Default D5244T11 Engine System Service Required - No Boost Under 3K

Car: 2013 XC60 D5 AWD (ODO: 57800)

Bought the car in Feb 21 with a leaking radiator which was replaced under dealer warranty. The car has also been asking for oil, which I suspect may be down to the leaking crank case vent pipe. I've scheduled a full service and cam belt replacement for next month, but have a new issue which I was hoping to get some insight into before I take the car for a full code read.

I have seen the Engine System Service Required message once before a few months ago. On that occasion, I'm fairly sure it was down to an interrupted DPF regen. Took the car for a long drive and haven't seen the message again until now. The difference this time is that I also have a power loss issue. There is basically no turbo pressure before 3000RPM. I can only think of 2 reasons:

1. The car is in limp mode. Although it seems odd that I would get full boost after 3000RPM in limp mode.

2. The smaller of the two turbos is no longer working.

I presume a code reader would confirm it is one, the other, or something else entirely, but does anyone have any idea what the issue could be based on this description? My main concern is that I end up spending a grand on a new cambelt, full service and 2 front tyres only to end up with a car that still needs a full turbo system replacement. If that is the case, I would rather sell the car and get something that can actually achieve the claimed MPG (The closest I have been able to get to the combined 54 MPG advertised is around 37).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jronnquist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2021, 19:42   #2
darroch

I would be interested in any outcome on this myself, as I have just purchased the same year car and model. Maybe a turbo solenoid or some kind of boost controller? Don't know the cars, but will need to learn them. Plug in is always easiest if you have the gear I suppose
darroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2021, 05:03   #3
jronnquist

Quote:
Originally Posted by darroch View Post
I would be interested in any outcome on this myself, as I have just purchased the same year car and model. Maybe a turbo solenoid or some kind of boost controller? Don't know the cars, but will need to learn them. Plug in is always easiest if you have the gear I suppose
Problem was solved. See the other tread I started here: https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=318953
jronnquist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jronnquist For This Useful Post: