Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Views : 659

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 8th, 2010, 12:14   #1
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

Default Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

hi

after much searching for nearly 8 months and looking at some terrible cars or just missing out,i have managed to find a volvo 240 torslanda with bags of tax and test and service history, needs a few very minor cosmetic jobs doing but wont take long, its going to make an extremely nice car, with a few hours work its going to be a belter of a car.

so keep your fingers crossed for me that it all works out and i should have it here by next weekend!!! got to ring on monday about it and go over the details but to be honest the price hes asking for im willing to pay anyway!!! but im still going to have a haggle. theres one or two things im going to be needing some advice with but i wont tempt fate by asking yet, ill wait untill the deal is secured, heres hoping it all comes to fruition
240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:36   #2
Paul240480
Ovlovnut

My first ovlov was a Tors! They are just fab'! When you get it don't forget the pics!

Good luck.
http://moncopainmonchien.jimdo.com/
Paul240480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 16:40   #3
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

thanks, when it arrives here ill get some photos up only 40 odd hours till i call
Old May 8th, 2010, 17:20   #4
honestjoe
MY 240 DRIVES ME!

Hi..always exciting getting new motor..as you say..fingers crossed for you..cheers hj...ps..hi paul!
honestjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 17:57   #5
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

well, had a text earlier today saying sorry car sold!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrr why to people do that? thats the second time its happened to me. was a nice car too
http://www.gumtree.com/london/73/57819773.html
Old May 9th, 2010, 18:03   #6
Skunkola

Owch! Harsh, but hang in there, your bus will come long.....eventually!
Skunkola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 18:09   #7
BOB MY BIG OLD BUS

thanks, theres one out there somewhere!!! maybe it wasnt meant to be, still every cloud has a silver lining, been offered a late 1993 l reg 240 se, not quite a torslanda but still a nice car, dont want to say much but it seems ideal for me, i can always add torslanda stripes lol
Old May 16th, 2010, 08:08   #8
john h
VOC Member

Any more news on the 240? Best of luck with it! Or if not, I hope you get one soon.

What I've found with buying older cars is that if one sounds right and gives you a good "gut feel" you need to act quickly and decisively. If it's a good buy, then other people will think so too and whoever moves fastest is likley to get the car.

Also had it from a seller's perspective. I was selling my Jag XJR - a very nice one - and a guy wanted me to hold it for him for a week while he organised inspections etc. I declined - because why would I turn away other people who wanted to buy the car I spent good money advertising? In the end, he went with his gut instinct and decided to buy it unseen; he was delighted with the car.

John

john h is offline   Reply With Quote