Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The party is over!

Views : 6436

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 20:49   #21
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post

I too have had many serious faults.I will not elaborate, which is a shame as its a Volvo forum, although by doing so I feel it may upset people that are passionate about their XC or other Volvos who will incorrectly inform me I am wrong.

you're probably referring to your "review":

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=130212

i think the problem was that it wasn't a review. it was a list of wants or very subjective should be's mixed in with a few things which went wrong. you should have realised 90% of the things were the way they were through a test drive. nobody forced you to buy the car without checking it out thoroughly first.

i don't think anyone has an issue on this forum when things are represented correctly.

if you have a list of things which have gone wrong with your car, that's fine. post it. no-one would have an issue with it, just as they don't with mylossyman's list of "actual" issues. people only find issues when things are poorly defined or extremely subjective.

in any case, whilst i find your posts very entertaining most of the time and share some of your values, i think you need to drop the "poor me" routine. it's tiresome.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darbs For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 21:02   #22
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post

…….i think the problem was that it wasn't a review. it was a list of wants or very subjective should be's mixed in with a few things which went wrong.

…… when things are represented correctly.

……. people only find issues when things are poorly defined or extremely subjective.

…… i think you need to drop the "poor me" routine. it's tiresome

Yes it was a review - how things felt for me. Try and remove or dismiss “how things felt for me” all you wish. You fail. Others have similar opinion. Others have different opinion. We are all different. Accept it. I can. You cant.

No poor me routine. Your perception.
Not poorly defined. Represented correctly. Poorly perceived.

Elongated use brings issues to the fore issues not present during shortish test driving conditions.

Darbs - either do not read posts if they are tiresome or use the ignore list.Simple.

EDIT. And the post that initially gave rise to person/ persons so wishing to make offensive/ insulting comments on a personal level simply because one has a different opionion/view to theirs in relation to a car. Any particular reason you felt the need to re-ignite?

Last edited by volvorocks; Dec 11th, 2011 at 21:06.
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 21:50   #23
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Yes it was a review - how things felt for me. Try and remove or dismiss “how things felt for me” all you wish. You fail. Others have similar opinion. Others have different opinion. We are all different. Accept it. I can. You cant.

No poor me routine. Your perception.
Not poorly defined. Represented correctly. Poorly perceived.

Elongated use brings issues to the fore issues not present during shortish test driving conditions.

Darbs - either do not read posts if they are tiresome or use the ignore list.Simple.

EDIT. And the post that initially gave rise to person/ persons so wishing to make offensive/ insulting comments on a personal level simply because one has a different opionion/view to theirs in relation to a car. Any particular reason you felt the need to re-ignite?
come on, it's just my opinion. i did say that most of your posts are entertaining, so why would i want to ignore you? i just think the fact you bang on about this "i can't say what i really want to say" thing every now and again a bit unfortunate. i think it would help the forum if you could just get over it.

yes, your feelings about your purchase are abundantly clear and i surmise from your "review" that you didn't research enough into what you were buying.

you have an opinion about the post you called offensive. most people, including the mods have a different one. it was obviously tongue in cheek and so far from actually being offensive. you'll have people looking for something juicy in that thread which they just won't find.
82 Metro 1.0
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darbs For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 22:20   #24
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
come on, it's just my opinion. i did say that most of your posts are entertaining, so why would i want to ignore you? i just think the fact you bang on about this "i can't say what i really want to say" thing every now and again a bit unfortunate. i think it would help the forum if you could just get over it.

yes, your feelings about your purchase are abundantly clear and i surmise from your "review" that you didn't research enough into what you were buying.

you have an opinion about the post you called offensive. most people, including the mods have a different one. it was obviously tongue in cheek and so far from actually being offensive. you'll have people looking for something juicy in that thread which they just won't find.

Yes you are correct about opinion.

Regards Mods. They do what they feel necessary with the lightest touch. It is their forum and they decide.Their decision is final. Opinions can and do differ though.

I am somewhat disheartened when I set forth how I see a vehicle and its pros/cons and I appreciate it is but just "how I see it". I encourage other opinions (on any subject really) and those opinions can and do differ. I do like that. We are all different. A difference of opinion adds variety and spice.

Regards saying certain things and what I may want to say:-
It is in response to some others who, due to their own opinion being different, and their seeming inability to debate without having to resort to personal infantile direct insult (as in my review and / or otherwise alternative postings) that it will not be possible. There is infantile and there is humorous. Theres tongue in cheek and then theres "tongue in cheek". It wasn’t tongue in cheek as the author of the insults had greater issues, demonstrated by the context of the insults. As you well know ,personally it doesn’t bother me being directly insulted, I just do not agree with it, in here, in society, anywhere. Its not acceptable. If you think it is. That’s fine. Agree with me regards flaws/pros of a car.. Disagree. That is OK. There is nothing to "get over". As far as I was concerned the matter was concluded. You brought it back to fruition.

As I say nothing to get over. I consider myself privileged. If I have 10p in my pocket it is 10p maybe more than another.

Anyway back to the OP topic of XC60 faults.
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 22:39   #25
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
As far as I was concerned the matter was concluded. You brought it back to fruition. As I say nothing to get over. I consider myself privileged. If I have 10p in my pocket it is 10p maybe more than another.

Anyway back to the OP topic of XC60 faults.
agreed we should get back to topic. but i'd like to say just a couple more things

1) you say i brought the topic back to fruition. please realise consciously that every time you use words to the effect of "i won't say through fear of upsetting" or words to that effect, it is you bringing it back to fruition. every time you do that, i and others who were around at the time will remember that thread. its the thread you're referring to - consciously, or sub consciously. your signature is another reminder of it.

2) there was no direct insult. there was a theory put forward. an obviously sarcastic and exaggerated theory.

..and one more thing. you are value for money, so don't let this small interlude dissuade you from your business. if you have to mention the unmentionable occasionally, i'll try to ignore it!
82 Metro 1.0

Last edited by darbs; Dec 11th, 2011 at 22:41. Reason: spellcheck mess-up
The Following User Says Thank You to darbs For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 23:06   #26
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
agreed we should get back to topic. but i'd like to say just a couple more things

1) you say i brought the topic back to fruition. please realise consciously that every time you use words to the effect of "i won't say through fear of upsetting" or words to that effect, it is you bringing it back to fruition. every time you do that, i and others who were around at the time will remember that thread. its the thread you're referring to - consciously, or sub consciously. your signature is another reminder of it.

2) there was no direct insult. there was a theory put forward. an obviously sarcastic and exaggerated theory.

..and one more thing. you are value for money, so don't let this small interlude dissuade you from your business. if you have to mention the unmentionable occasionally, i'll try to ignore it!
1) Darbs You and you alone did bring the topic back to fruition by virtue of your post! Remember every time I may use the words "i won't say through fear of upsetting" or words to that effect this is actually stirring a connection in your (or others) own memory, consciously / unconsciously / sub consciously to a particular event of ones own choosing and “bookmarking” . Only you (or others) can do this. Its personal to you (or others). It was your choice to resurrect not mine! My signature ? You mean part of it? - if so this is my factual experience! It is BTW frustrating as I would like to say certain things although I choose not to for fear of people thinking I may be for example “pulling apart XC” or “moaning” or being “tiresome” or whatever descriptor. It is however my choice and a considered choice based on historical events.

2) You have not insulted me! We have had good posts and PM’s. If you actually met me in real life I am actually quite laid back and light hearted. I just dont agree with personal insults as a result of differing opinions!!!!!!!

Regards me being value for money…I have been called many things. Value for money has never been one of them….
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 23:27   #27
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
1) Darbs You and you alone did bring the topic back to fruition by virtue of your post! Remember every time I may use the words "i won't say through fear of upsetting" or words to that effect this is actually stirring a connection in your (or others) own memory, consciously / unconsciously / sub consciously to a particular event of ones own choosing and “bookmarking” . Only you (or others) can do this. Its personal to you (or others). It was your choice to resurrect not mine! My signature ? You mean part of it? - if so this is my factual experience! It is BTW frustrating as I would like to say certain things although I choose not to for fear of people thinking I may be for example “pulling apart XC” or “moaning” or being “tiresome” or whatever descriptor. It is however my choice and a considered choice based on historical events.

2) You have not insulted me! We have had good posts and PM’s. If you actually met me in real life I am actually quite laid back and light hearted. I just dont agree with personal insults as a result of differing opinions!!!!!!!

Regards me being value for money…I have been called many things. Value for money has never been one of them….
seriously, and this is where we do get back to the OP, if you have experienced several faults, list them. your experience may assist others who have faced them. also, if you've anything "in flight", others may be able to help you. i'm pretty sure that's the main aim of this forum.
82 Metro 1.0
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 23:46   #28
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
seriously, and this is where we do get back to the OP, if you have experienced several faults, list them. your experience may assist others who have faced them. also, if you've anything "in flight", others may be able to help you. i'm pretty sure that's the main aim of this forum.
TBH, I do consider the faults I have had to be in some respects unique and (read hopefully) one offs.

Yes I was initially a bit disappointed with the vehicle as I consider (and do still stand by those considerations) that certain bits of technology were poorly thought out and / or applied and it wasnt really a matter of "just getting used to a different vehicle". I still believe it is much better to be able to close all windows with a push on the door button (keyless option) rather than get the fob out or "make alternative arrangements" - I could in my old cars just press a button on the door yet I didnt pay £700 quid! I still believe the rain sense wipers are a waste of time how they operate compared to alternative technology.

I could really have gone to town, like some in here have when they have purchased a car that turns out to be faulty and written post after post naming and shaming and complaining and moaning. This is (understandable) anger taking a hold.Ive just accepted I have a sh1t car. Its just one of those things and I just have been unlucky in this respect.The matter is being dealt with and I am henceforth thus satisfied.This satisfaction however does not remove ones initial disappointment and diminution of faith in a brand though, and it is therefrom my frustration stems.

Regards faults, generally if its been suggested in here I have had it..!!!!!!!!!

For the record we have more than 1 Volvo and the quality is mixed!

Regards
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 23:58   #29
tayandre

Keyless global closing works fine on my C30, stereo is Dynaudio and nice. Rain sensor works when you hit flick wipe, no sensus to freeze up, Powershift is fantastically responsive compared to Geartronic... swap?

I know where you are coming from, I would agree that these cars are priced premium but don't feel particularly special. Which I can understand is a big dissapointment if you spend £35k rather than £15k mine cost a year old. The advantages of being poor, one's expectations are so much lower!
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 13:55   #30
Matteus XC60

Quote:

I was glancing through the site today for the first time in some months, and found to my surprise that this bickering still continues. As I feel partially responsible given my previous posts in the thread referred to above, perhaps its my time to make amends and bring this long running disagreement to a peaceful and harmonious conclusion.

Sometimes, people have different views, but don’t express themselves in the best way, or mistakenly post something meant as humour which can be misconstrued. Sometimes small misunderstandings can get blown out of all proportions, and normal well-meaning people fall out, and by the end, forget what it was they were arguing about to begin with.

Of course sometimes (and right here is the crux of the matter on this occasion), forums just attract humourless, self-obsessed, bores who drone on and on about the same thing, generally cause irritation, and seem to have very little else in their life. Now just in case you haven’t worked out who you are (and that wouldn’t surprise me either, because you don't strike me as MENSA material if I'm being completely honest) I have another message for you: Just putting LOL at the end of a sentence does not make it funny. If it did, you would be the funniest man alive. As it is, you are not (you are soooooo not).

A message to Darbs: You have tried valiantly to bring a measure of sense to the forum member in question over the last few months, but some tasks, I fear, are impossible to achieve. Keep up the good fight!!

Now surely no-one can disagree with any of that? LOL ().

Last edited by Matteus XC60; Dec 12th, 2011 at 15:30.
Matteus XC60 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matteus XC60 For This Useful Post: