Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The party is over!

Views : 6434

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 11th, 2011, 10:59   #11
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
Always wear my belt so I'll give it another go, thanks! Will it also work in reverse?
yes it will. same rules apply though. if it won't release, check for a warning message on the dash.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 14:47   #12
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Always wear my belt so I'll give it another go, thanks! Will it also work in reverse?
Yes, sure does work in reverse as well - as long as your seat belt is on.....!!!
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 15:40   #13
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Always wear my belt ...
Clearly on at least one occasion you didn't
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 17:16   #14
andy.cass
Kendo

In a recent Evoque test I found the EPB disengaged when put into Drive on the auto. No seat belt required. It also puts into brake mode when you select park.

I can't see why Volvo don't do the same. It would prevent the feeling that you're about to rip the brake liners off when you pull away.

11.5My XC60 D5 SE Lux Premium, Geartronic, Savile Grey, Black Leather, Heated Seats, Prem Audio with Sub, tow bar.
10MY 2009 XC60 D5 SE Lux Auto
2008 Mini Cooper
andy.cass is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to andy.cass For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 17:33   #15
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Well that's how it feels anyway. I have had my XC60 R design for 5 weeks and these appear to be common faults. S0 far:

1) Alarm service required (mass sensor replaced)
2) Now getting BLIS service required
3) Senus has crashed a few times
4) Drivers door often refuses to lock car (keyless entry) yet rear door works fine
5) Appear to have a speaker that sounds dodgy (from rear)
6) Surely the handbrake shoule be push to release, pull to activate?

Besides this all is O.K.

Anyone else experienced the same issues, I mean so many?
Hi Mrlossyman

Sorry to hear you are having faults. I too have had many serious faults.I will not elaborate, which is a shame as its a Volvo forum, although by doing so I feel it may upset people that are passionate about their XC or other Volvos who will incorrectly inform me I am wrong. My sig says it all.Premier member Volvo Assistance.

Regards the drivers door, I have found that sometimes not only will it not lock, it will not unlock. Sometimes keyless button in door has a tantrum and simply doesnt work.Rear near side speaker vibrates.

Regards the handbrake.Its simply IMO a bad design and somewhat primative. Could do better.

Had the alarm going off (actually not sure if it was the alarm as it was the horn) and I think (not sure) that the alarm is an "alarm" sound not a horn. Whatever it was, I am glad to report my neighbours are extremely nice understanding people!!!

Sensus has "frozen" although now works.No rising oil issue. The opposite.

Will end here although it is noted that more and more people seem to be having XC issues

All the best
volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 17:35   #16
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Yes, sure does work in reverse as well - as long as your seat belt is on.....!!!
FWIW - My handbrake releases whether the seat belt is on or off
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 17:36   #17
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy.cass View Post
In a recent Evoque test I found the EPB disengaged when put into Drive on the auto. No seat belt required. It also puts into brake mode when you select park.

I can't see why Volvo don't do the same. It would prevent the feeling that you're about to rip the brake liners off when you pull away.
I can think of several occasions when I prefer the Volvo system - hill starts and waiting a traffic lights being 2 off them. I also think that the Volvo method is safer.

The EPB on my XC60 releases pretty well instantly when I put my foot on the accelerator - no impression of 'ripping brake liners off' - if your's doesn't act like that it may be worth having it looked at?
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 19:11   #18
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
FWIW - My handbrake releases whether the seat belt is on or off
Just a shame we do not know what type of car you have to be able to come to any sensible response to yet another wasted posting from you..........lol
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 19:19   #19
aidnash

Default new xc60 2012

just wanted to say collected my car yesterday love the look of it but was very disappointed to find the tailgate interior light was not working, my husband who is an electrician took a quick peek to find it had no wiring to it at all back to the dealer on Tuesday, as for the handbreak used to it already.
aidnash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 19:20   #20
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Just a shame we do not know what type of car you have to be able to come to any sensible response to yet another wasted posting from you..........lol
OK if thats what you think, which it isnt
The Following User Says Thank You to volvorocks For This Useful Post: