Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

The party is over!

Views : 6435

Replies : 72

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 10th, 2011, 21:28   #1
mrlossyman

Default The party is over!

Well that's how it feels anyway. I have had my XC60 R design for 5 weeks and these appear to be common faults. S0 far:

1) Alarm service required (mass sensor replaced)
2) Now getting BLIS service required
3) Senus has crashed a few times
4) Drivers door often refuses to lock car (keyless entry) yet rear door works fine
5) Appear to have a speaker that sounds dodgy (from rear)
6) Surely the handbrake shoule be push to release, pull to activate?

Besides this all is O.K.

Anyone else experienced the same issues, I mean so many?
mrlossyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 21:55   #2
jimbg
Master Member

Sorry to hear about your problems, I have had my D3 AWD since September 19th and only problem was dodgy software in the auto box on delivery that fixed after a week.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 22:27   #3
darbs
XC60 Owner

sensus crashing? volvo will have it sorted by 2020. at least that's what i think they must mean by "a vehicle that will never crash".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15820069
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 22:50   #4
Brodick
Master Member

Sorry to hear about your problems.

The only problems I have had with both my XC60s is the odd squeak now and then (2010my and 2012my) hopefully dealer will sort them.

As for the electronic brake - that is std, that comes with the car (you should have known that prior to purchase.

As for the other things make an appointment with the dealer principle at your dealership and list the issues you are having and see what he has to say
if you are still not happy then you will need to contact volvo directly
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 08:05   #5
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems.

The only problems I have had with both my XC60s is the odd squeak now and then (2010my and 2012my) hopefully dealer will sort them.

As for the electronic brake - that is std, that comes with the car (you should have known that prior to purchase.

As for the other things make an appointment with the dealer principle at your dealership and list the issues you are having and see what he has to say
if you are still not happy then you will need to contact volvo directly
Thanks for the advice. As for the brake it just my opinion, of course I knew that but it wouldn't stop my buying the car. It would be nice I'd it was user configurable as after 25 years of a manual break my brain is conditioned to pull to activate, push to release....
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:04   #6
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlossyman View Post
Thanks for the advice. As for the brake it just my opinion, of course I knew that but it wouldn't stop my buying the car. It would be nice I'd it was user configurable as after 25 years of a manual break my brain is conditioned to pull to activate, push to release....
You will be surprised how quickly you become accustomed to automatically putting your hand down as you get out the car to press the EPB switch, and remember that you never have to release it, just drive away - this has the negative effect that I sometime forget to release the handbrake on the wife's Subaru
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:30   #7
844PHW
Master Member

Quote:
Well that's how it feels anyway. I have had my XC60 R design for 5 weeks and these appear to be common faults. S0 far:

1) Alarm service required (mass sensor replaced)
2) Now getting BLIS service required
3) Senus has crashed a few times
4) Drivers door often refuses to lock car (keyless entry) yet rear door works fine
5) Appear to have a speaker that sounds dodgy (from rear)
6) Surely the handbrake shoule be push to release, pull to activate?

Besides this all is O.K.

Anyone else experienced the same issues, I mean so many?
Presumably you have spoken to your dealer about 1-5. Anyway, I take the view that the dealer is there to help.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:34   #8
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
You will be surprised how quickly you become accustomed to automatically putting your hand down as you get out the car to press the EPB switch, and remember that you never have to release it, just drive away - this has the negative effect that I sometime forget to release the handbrake on the wife's Subaru
Does the break automatically release? I tried this and the engine was under alot of load and it didn't release. My s4 had a similar electronic break but again it was pull to engage push to release.
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 09:36   #9
darbs
XC60 Owner

Quote:
Does the break automatically release? I tried this and the engine was under alot of load and it didn't release. My s4 had a similar electronic break but again it was pull to engage push to release.
it should release automatically. just make sure your seatbelt is on else it won't.
82 Metro 1.0
darbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11th, 2011, 10:50   #10
mrlossyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
it should release automatically. just make sure your seatbelt is on else it won't.
Always wear my belt so I'll give it another go, thanks! Will it also work in reverse?