Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2012 S60 T4 engine coolant bypass valve error code

Views : 1825

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 10th, 2021, 12:13   #1
MattLo

Post 2012 S60 T4 engine coolant bypass valve error code

Hi Everyone

Well, I just had a thorough explanation of the issue typed out but it disappeared with the tags when I inserted the image, so the summary is below. I also can't seem to post when I input the links of forum pages I've read, nor the image of the error codes

TLDR
I am getting error codes:
P268312 "Engine coolant bypass valve 'A' control circuit high, General electrical failures, Circuit short to battery"

P126083 "Theft detected, vehicle immobilized, Bus signal/message failures, Value of signal protection calculation incorrect"

I occasionally get a "battery low" warning on the dash for both the old and new battery (I read it is a common, unfixable issue in these cars), and I believe the ugly metal rattle in the engine is the cambelt tensioner that needs replacement or something in the head gasket.

Can anyone give advice please?

Last edited by MattLo; Apr 10th, 2021 at 12:16.
MattLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2021, 15:44   #2
S60RDesign

I’m pretty sure ‘battery low’ can be fixed as when my battery was changed the car recognised it was new and stop/start started working again and the message disappeared. Does the car run ok other than the warning messages?
S60RDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 23:51   #3
MattLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60RDesign View Post
I’m pretty sure ‘battery low’ can be fixed as when my battery was changed the car recognised it was new and stop/start started working again and the message disappeared. Does the car run ok other than the warning messages?
Hmm, I've tried various googled BMS suggestions when swopping the batteries, of which none worked. I believe we would both have 652 batteries, but mine isn't stop/start like yours, so it doesn't have an AGM battery like I guess yours would - I could be wrong.

The car's take off feels sluggish or underpowered, as though the revs build up too slow or something. Not sure if this could be alternator related?
When Reversing out of my driveway, I have to go forward a tad to correct and then reverse out, and between the forward drive and reverse, I almost need to floor the accelerator and wait 3-5 seconds before "it takes" (going forward in 1st and back in reverse).
It continues for 3 minutes until I'm out of the neighbourhood, by which time I always forget as the car drives very nicely otherwise!
MattLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26th, 2021, 18:35   #4
Gerry Tsawayo

Did u get the solution to yo problem
Gerry Tsawayo is offline   Reply With Quote