Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2007 S60 T5 SE 6 Speed Manual 76k ( Spotted on ebay)

Views : 2333

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 5th, 2021, 08:48   #11
TLPower

Supply dictates the price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-...0/373519768305 again find another.
TLPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 16:53   #12
Mkengineering
Master Member

But I blame the covid marketing tactics.

I've noticed across the board that the prices on car have risen stupidly.

But I've made a realistic offer to the s60.
Mkengineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 18:32   #13
TLPower

I honestly hadn't attributed the asking price to Covid, I simply thought it was a supply drop. Once commonplace vehicles be it, cars, motorbikes and vans have always been advertised at what appear to be un-realistic prices.

I suspect we have all sold cars that are now desirable and at a premium. I had a Chrysler Sunbeam 1600 ti that I since discovered was a press car, a 1987 Corolla AE86 and a Nissan 200SX S13. Hindsight is a wonderful thing...

I'm an avid viewer of "Bangers and Cash", the prices achieved vary wildly though initial estimates are rarely as optimistic as the owners.
Old Apr 5th, 2021, 23:48   #14
Technician

Supply does indeed dictate price...in the case of this T5, who was wanting a large capacity petrol engine in that time period....very few. Most of the car buying, and more importantly fleet buyers, wanted Diesels for the MPG and the Tax rates. I bet there were even less petrol VW Passat's produced around the same time.

Personally I brought my black 2006 T5 with all the toys and 98k on the clock about 2 years ago from a car dealer who'd taken it in part ex for £2500 with no warranty or service and cambelt etc...as I could do that for less than the advertised 3k price. There was incredible interest in the car and I was one of 5 men after it within a few hours on auto trader, and I don't believe that was car dealer speak. He was genuinely surprised a saloon would generate so much interest as small SUV's AMD Hyundai i20's etc... are so popular, he even asked me if I knew of any others for sale as I was only after a black one.

For that Chevette mentioned above, there can't be too many of them left at and will be the right vehicle for those entering the classic market remembering their youth/childhood in the back so that will be part of the price.

It won't be long before its 90's cars which capture the emotion....and one day somebody will be misty eyed about a Toyota Prius and the prices will rise!!!
Technician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 13:11   #15
Mkengineering
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician View Post
Supply does indeed dictate price...in the case of this T5, who was wanting a large capacity petrol engine in that time period....very few. Most of the car buying, and more importantly fleet buyers, wanted Diesels for the MPG and the Tax rates. I bet there were even less petrol VW Passat's produced around the same time.

Personally I brought my black 2006 T5 with all the toys and 98k on the clock about 2 years ago from a car dealer who'd taken it in part ex for £2500 with no warranty or service and cambelt etc...as I could do that for less than the advertised 3k price. There was incredible interest in the car and I was one of 5 men after it within a few hours on auto trader, and I don't believe that was car dealer speak. He was genuinely surprised a saloon would generate so much interest as small SUV's AMD Hyundai i20's etc... are so popular, he even asked me if I knew of any others for sale as I was only after a black one.

For that Chevette mentioned above, there can't be too many of them left at and will be the right vehicle for those entering the classic market remembering their youth/childhood in the back so that will be part of the price.

It won't be long before its 90's cars which capture the emotion....and one day somebody will be misty eyed about a Toyota Prius and the prices will rise!!!
Indeed you're right it's mainly supply and demand.

But I am seeing alot of Volvo D5 for sale for some odd reason??
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 14:20   #16
100K+
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technician View Post
Not mine, but spotted the below car on eBay and given how rare they are I thought somebody on here might be interested as its Manual T5 with low miles.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Volvo-S60....m46890.l49286

Wish it had been a V70 not S60.....

But I suspect so do many others.....

Cheers
Bob
100K+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 02:20   #17
Joseph Martin
Master Member

The wheels look like 16" Regulus alloys from an S80. It's very possible that the car has had something akin to 'proper' T5 alloys on the past....or something nice like Nebulas which may have been robbed off it and cheaper wheels put on. Common tactic.

Car does look nice all things considered though.
S40 1.6 (x2); 440 1.6i
Joseph Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 23:11   #18
Discombobulated
Impressive Member

I looked at the MoT history the other day and it had advisories in 2012(?) for 2 buckled wheel rims. I wouldn’t have put those wheels on it though!!
Discombobulated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 08:11   #19
TLPower

16" wheels will be rather tight over the front calipers as well.
Old Apr 13th, 2021, 15:32   #20
Mkengineering
Master Member

Dont think it sold