Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY22 Pricelists

Views : 4666

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 1st, 2021, 19:31   #11
ian77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mm1988 View Post
On the V60 quite a few changes over the MY21 pricelist. Things i've spotted:
  1. Momentum trim has fabric seats as standard - these were leather faced last year
  2. Inscription has leather faced seats as standard - these were nappa last year :-(
  3. Momentum has lost electric drivers seat and now both front seats are manual as standard
  4. Maroon brown interiors are gone even as an option
  5. Osmium grey, maple brown and bursting blue are no longer offered as exterior options. Thunder grey has been added for r-design and polestar trims
  6. Option packs have changed quite substantially.

Pricing hasn't changed by much but judging by the above it looks like some cost savings are being made which is a shame.
Also note that heated aqua blades aren’t mentioned at all, and if you want the headlight washers on any model then you need to add the lighting pack. The momentum upholstery and power seat changes have effectively gone back to the launch spec momentum which I have; I actually prefer the city weave upholstery to leather but do miss the power seat and mirror memory from my old cars.

Interestingly whilst mine was in for a screen replacement yesterday, the sales team asked if I was interested in a ‘deal’ to swap. Got the offer through today and the prices match MY22 but the spec words match MY21... Also looks like the service packs have gone up to 599(3 yr) and 999(5 yr), although on this I’ve been quoted 399 still.
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 09:03   #12
finnster

Just did a price comparison of what my V60 cost when I bought it vs what it would cost to build it today, 5.5K more expensive today - I bought my V60 from new 18 months ago!

I specced the Harmon Kardon which used to come with Apple Car play, from memory it was £850, now you have to add them separately and its now £1050 for both, then you need to add on the adaptive lighting (which mine came with) for £1K plus the other little things.

The only difference is mine is manual and you don't have that option any more, but even so!

Even the top of the range Polestar doesn't have adaptive lighting, its a £825 option!!

I was convinced that when I come to change in 18 months, I would get another V60, I am now reconsidering that - it does seem a massive leap in cost.

Last edited by finnster; Apr 2nd, 2021 at 09:12.
finnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 13:02   #13
OnyxBlaster
Volvo Virgin

From what I have looked at so far when comparing the V60 I took delivery of 2 weeks ago:

. Four-C adjustable dampers no longer available as an option
. Laminated side glass no longer available as an option
. Amber interior no longer available as an option
. As already noted, several things now optional which were standard - Bendy lights, Nappa/Ventilated front seats, Passenger power/memory seat
. but now comes with massaging front seat(s) and the public charging Type2 cable as well as the 3-pin.
OnyxBlaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2nd, 2021, 21:40   #14
NigelDay
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
V60 is terrible value for money looking at the pricelist. I notice the option packs are the same price as last year but with the useful stuff taken out. They even still charge 300 pounds for a USB port for your phone.

Given it's a 4-year-old design and other SPA cars are getting a big tech facelift it seems insane pricing to me. Maybe Brexit to blame?
This reminds me of the cost cutting they did about 8 years ago. Useful standard items like the 12v socket in the boot were ditched. Cost to re-instate at the dealer was close to £100. The cost-cutting accountants have returned. Sad.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.
NigelDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 06:40   #15
Cubbington

This price/spec change probably answers why I’ve been waiting for a call from a dealer to confirm the spec I put through the lease company...quote and spec has been signed off, but I’ve been waiting for a call for almost two weeks to confirm my spec, even with the lease company chasing the dealer.

I’ve just gone on to Volvo’s website and the price and options are very different to what I’ve chosen and had signed off, so it’s going to be somewhat annoying if we have to go through it all again, and I get a lower spec car or the lease cost goes up...there are more hybrids available from other manufacturers available since I specced the V60...
Cubbington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 08:22   #16
NigelDay
Premier Member

Default Option list trimmed ... laminated glass is history

I’m not in the market to change my XC60, but having now looked at the MY22 price list and the deleted options, I’m very disappointed to see one of the rare options of 360 laminated glass has disappeared. It’s an option which I have and would always select on my next car. Quieter and safer, not just in an accident, but to protect the contents of your parked car. Having suffered from a smashed rear window abroad some years ago, the security of knowing this risk is largely eliminated is worth the modest extra cost. As far as I am aware, only the Porsche Macan offers 360 laminated glass in this size of SUV. The XC40 briefly offered it at launch, but this was deleted within a year. It seems to go against the Volvo safety philosophy. Even the XC90 now does not have this option, but strangely the S90 does. Whoever decides the option hierarchy needs to explain their logic.
2015: XC60 D4 FWD SE Lux Nav 190hp manual, Osmium Grey, 17" Segin, Tempa, Winter Illumination, Security, Family, DSP, 4C, HK Sound, Subwoofer, Front Parking, Rear Camera, Dark Tinted, Power Passenger Seat, Speed and Heated Steering.

Last edited by NigelDay; Apr 3rd, 2021 at 08:42.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 09:56   #17
Director76
Master Member

Auxiliary fuel fired heater has gone off the standard spec list for the XC90 recharge.
Maybe this is an error as I’d say it’s a pretty essential piece of kit, though I believe US T8 models have had an electric auxiliary heater since launch

Standard BLIS has been noted by someone else, and extra charge cable. Biggest change to how I would have speced my MY21.5 would have been to add the shadow lights- optionable outside of the pro spec for the first time since MY17 I think
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 10:33   #18
Mint Cake

For the V90, there isn't a 235bhp diesel version any more (or had that gone already ?)
Charging for the heated steering wheel...................... nooooooooo
£750 for HUD ouch.

It feels like my MY 2020 R-Design hit the sweetspot for spec.
Mint Cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 11:27   #19
NigelDay
Premier Member

Default Culling the options list

Further to my comments above about 360 laminated glass, this seems to be a regretable habit which Volvo engage in from time-to-time. I found a post of mine from 2016. It lamented the following deletions - all of which would seem useful if they were still standard / optional.
"Cargo bay accessory socket, front seat pockets, rear view mirror compass and the head restraint coat hook." - All were deleted at the time but had been available in previous years across several models.
The cargo bay accessory socket has returned, but the others - I think - are long history.
So, the cost accountants seem to have trimmed the options, but there's a problem. The Germans are masters of the options list - too many in my opinion - but Volvo seem to be going in the opposite direction, becoming somewhat like many Japanese marques, where options are few (but with the benefit of many items being standard). Perhaps the accountants have won because of the extreme pressures on worldwide sales during the pandemic.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 12:33   #20
ChatsV60

And the "Park Assist Pilot - Automatic Parallel and 90º Parking" looks as if its dropped. I've got it but never used it.