Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

VOC issues

Views : 2669

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 31st, 2021, 17:01   #21
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

Version 4.11.1 was released a couple of weeks ago and did not fix the problems. Version 4.12.0 released a couple of days ago and has still NOT FIXED the problems.Just sent another long complaint to Volvo,not holding my breath for being resolved.

Last edited by BARNEYROVER; Mar 31st, 2021 at 17:21.
BARNEYROVER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BARNEYROVER For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 1st, 2021, 22:23   #22
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

Reply from Volvo. “Most of voc issues have now been resolved,however we have a few users still having problems.” They are speaking to dealers to see how they can help. “We may require this to be raised to our central technical team so they can investigate” Hope this is a step nearer to a solution. I would suggest anyone who has not contacted voc direct via app to do so. They are then aware extent of user problems.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 15:56   #23
SuffolkBoy
VOC Member

I managed to unlock & lock the car via the App today, first time for weeks - can’t remember if anything has changed though....when the car unlocked, a message came up on the App to say “boot unlocked, touch any door handle to unlock the doors” - is that how it always has been?

Also, I can’t find the feature on the App to flash the lights and sound the horn...am I being silly, or has that feature been removed now?
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 16:32   #24
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post

Also, I can’t find the feature on the App to flash the lights and sound the horn...am I being silly, or has that feature been removed now?
Flash lights and sounding horn are now under the 'Map' tab in the app. Not particularly intuitive.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 16:45   #25
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by techwatcher View Post
Flash lights and sounding horn are now under the 'Map' tab in the app. Not particularly intuitive.
It's so you can "find" your car, I think.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 17:22   #26
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polestar Pete View Post
It's so you can "find" your car, I think.
Ah, that could well be the thinking. Never having used those options I never thought of that!
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 17:49   #27
Polestar Pete
Polestar

The map tells you which car park or street you parked in, the lights/horn option lets you know where the car is if you don't know where in the car park you've left your car.

Or for scaring kids into thinking your car can see them messing around too close.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 19:31   #28
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuffolkBoy View Post
I managed to unlock & lock the car via the App today, first time for weeks - can’t remember if anything has changed though....when the car unlocked, a message came up on the App to say “boot unlocked, touch any door handle to unlock the doors” - is that how it always has been?

Yes, unlocking via voc app only initially unlocks the cargo area, car doors remain locked and mirrors retracted to stop scroats trying your doors, car looks/is locked apart from hatch/boot.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2021, 21:49   #29
BARNEYROVER
VOC Member

Reply from Volvo asking for Dealers details to contact them to discuss problems. Dealers then contacted me asking to book car in again for them to carry out further tests suggested by Volvo. Going in week after next. Fingers still crossed.