Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

BluePower BLP-990A

Views : 18433

Replies : 62

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2018, 21:13   #11
Sysyphus

Has anybody had a contact with Bluepower recently... the WiFi on my BLP-990A has now completely died rendering it just about completely useless, and they are not responding to my emails. I just read on another forum that someone else is having difficulty reaching them as well. Worried that it might be time to dig into the terms and conditions of my credit card purchase protection plan.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 08:32   #12
Missing Lincs
Premier Member

I can't say one way or another about them being in difficulty but not responding to emails and ignoring customers who have a problem sounds familiar. I had a few replies from them after fitting the BLP then not even an acknowledgement. You could try using the contact form on their website, use a different name and email address that they won't recognise ...
Missing Lincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 11:57   #13
HarjB

I have had no end of trouble with Blue Power BLP-990 unit works now but the DAB radio did not, tried contacting them but no reply!
Left a complaint using below see where it gets me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.JPG (92.9 KB, 46 views)
HarjB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 16:34   #14
Sysyphus

After posting this yesterday I went to the website and used the support contact form... not sure if it was that, this, the other board or just a coincidence that today I finally received a reply to my email of a month ago... we will see how it goes... not expecting very rapid progress anyway, since their business day ends before I wake up, but at least we have the ball rolling again I think.

Last edited by Sysyphus; Nov 13th, 2018 at 16:36.
Old Nov 13th, 2018, 17:51   #15
andy_d
Premier Member

if they are not replying,dont wait file with the ccard company asap
far too many "firms" sell things then "tough ****" to the customers and we chalk it up to experience, bluepower have a LONG track history of doing this, time to use the only thing they seem to understand,, money.
Old Dec 23rd, 2018, 21:42   #16
Sarabakari

Default blp-990A odyssey

Hello, i also bought and installed a BLP-990A unit for my Volvo V50.
Installation was embarassing, they referred to online videos, wich also didn‘t show some important steps needed for installing the correct connectors.
Online support seems like a one-man-show and not answering my clear questions. There were also parts missing, like the DAB+module and wrong antenna cable. They promised to send... well, we will see.
But most thing that confuses me is that there is no DVD drive installed, the unit has an eject-button for that, first i thought they had forgotten to install the drive but they told me that the unit doesn‘t have one. Can you confirm that?
Sarabakari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24th, 2018, 02:22   #17
Sysyphus

The previous version was a WinCE based machine that did have an optical drive... can’t remember if it was a DVD or just CD... the new android based one does not have a drive, but it still comes in the same 5 1/4 inch computer CD drive type case with slot and buttons. Would have made life a lot easier if it had been in a smaller box that didn’t take up nearly all the glove box... but it does run very warm so probably needs that much space for airflow
Old Jan 27th, 2019, 13:15   #18
ak257

Default Navi auto start

I have a BLP-990a ins my 2009 C70 and have found the user manual to be lacking on content. The user manual says "You must break ACC at the map interface, to do this pull the key ...". Confused on what pull the key means since my car is keyless. Thanks in advance.
ak257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 13:56   #19
domov2

Sorry, Ive tried lookign through the threads but Cant find any relevant ones. I want to install an AUX cable in a 2007 C30. On my head unti, I have the CD button but when I press it, it does not have the option for AUX/USB/CD. Can i install and use a AUX cable ?
domov2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28th, 2019, 15:12   #20
phutyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by domov2 View Post
Sorry, Ive tried lookign through the threads but Cant find any relevant ones. I want to install an AUX cable in a 2007 C30. On my head unti, I have the CD button but when I press it, it does not have the option for AUX/USB/CD. Can i install and use a AUX cable ?
Here's what I did:

https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...90#post2426790
phutyle is offline   Reply With Quote