Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY22 Pricelists

Views : 4627

Replies : 28

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 14:00   #21
techwatcher
Master Member

i have no insider knowledge but I would like to think that cost is only part of the equation, with providing what the customer base wants also playing a significant part.

There will always be tweaking when Model Years change but Volvo do seem to be offering fewer options these days and it will be interesting to see if this becomes a trend.

Apropos options for German vs Japanese marques, around a decade ago we were scanning the market and went looking at cars. We picked up a Mercedes price list (for one model) and it ran to 67 pages!. Over at Lexus the IS200 price list fitted on one side of A5. IIRC there were two models, a high spec as standard and just three options. I actually quite liked the Lexus approach.
Old Apr 3rd, 2021, 23:36   #22
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Wireless android auto and Apple CarPlay, are now standard on XC60 at least, about bloody time
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 00:50   #23
simonjedrake
Premier Member

A quick glance appears to show that HUD is now only an option on some R-Design models - or was I reading it too fast?
Old Apr 4th, 2021, 13:06   #24
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
A quick glance appears to show that HUD is now only an option on some R-Design models - or was I reading it too fast?
HUD is also part of Inscription Pro spec.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 10:38   #25
Saftlad

XC60 Recharge - I can't see any mention of Adaptive Cruise Control anywhere.
Has it just been absorbed into the Driver Assist package and no specific mention of it?

Active 4-C looks like it is only available on the Pro models now

Last edited by Saftlad; Apr 11th, 2021 at 10:48.
Saftlad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 12:48   #26
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian77 View Post
For those waiting for some info on the MY22 specs, all the pricelists on Volvos uk website now link to the MY22 price lists (although the links still say MY21). I say all, at least the V60 and XC40 do, not checked the others. The bad news is bursting blue is no longer available on either 😭
I think you will find all 21 model year are sold when not listed and outstanding orders being converted to 22 model year . Have a word with your dealer .
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 13:14   #27
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saftlad View Post
XC60 Recharge - I can't see any mention of Adaptive Cruise Control anywhere.
Has it just been absorbed into the Driver Assist package and no specific mention of it?

Active 4-C looks like it is only available on the Pro models now
Yep, Adaptive Cruise Control has been absorbed into the Driver Assist pack.

Active 4-C is available on Pro and Polestar Engineered trim.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 21:20   #28
PaulBendall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
Auxiliary fuel fired heater has gone off the standard spec list for the XC90 recharge.
Looks like that is the case for the XC60 as well. Having that functionality on my current model it could well be a deal-breaker.
Old Apr 15th, 2021, 22:36   #29
Standerwick60

Default Choices, or no Choices!

Is anyone else feeling like we're going to hell in a handcart?! When I look at 2022 specs from most manufacturers, including Volvo, the inescapable conclusion is that choices of engines, colour, specs and options are becoming narrower and more prescriptive. The choice(?) of electric-only is becoming the norm when this ultimately, at end-of-life, polluting technology seems the only default option in the very near future. I 'get' the Polestar brand ethos but the main Volvo range seems to be losing it's way in the rush to electrify, hybridise and generally outlaw the efficiency of IC engines, particularly clean diesels. Is anyone going to call for a slowing of this headlong rush without proper infrastructure, at least in the UK? The roll-out of EVs in Scandinavian countries is far advanced but I cannot help but think that with the UK unpreparedness that a crisis could result in the long term. A Hydrogen Fuel Cell infrastructure and the ease of use of such a fuel would seem the obvious answer to a question which I increasingly feel needs urgent attention. Is the battery lobby too strong now and working against the HFC vehicle promoters?
I am amazed meanwhile that my V90CC D4, new in October 2020, is likely to be among the last of the line of diesel-only Volvos, astonishing!
Standerwick60 is offline   Reply With Quote