Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Thanks for all the help over the last 3 years .

Views : 391

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 15:47   #1
Peter Budd

Default Thanks for all the help over the last 3 years .

Hello and thanks for all the help i have received over the last 3 years . I have sold my 2008 S40 1.6 petrol a few days ago . Unfortunately it was becoming a money pit for me .Front wheel bearing changed twice , new master cylinder , leaking power steering hose , AC never worked and the low beam on the Headlights at night was utterly useless especially as often you would be using them having just come off the great High beam , so bloody dangerous .Just waiting for the Alternator to start waving at me and who knows what else . I did have some great times with it but the love has gone ... haha . Thanks again .
Peter Budd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Peter Budd For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 18:02   #2
Welton
Premier Member

Completely understandable, there has to come a time to draw the line. I had to replace two wheel bearings in short order on our Citroen - the first set lasting just over the 12 month warranty.

Your list of niggles aren’t too bad on their own but added together become quite boring as an ownership prospect going forward.

Good luck with your future car and glad you found the Forum useful
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 21:51   #3
Bendolfc
Premier Member

With wheel bearings on these you certainly get what you pay for. Go aftermarket and you will be lucky to get more than 18 months out of them. Get genuine and they should be fine for years.

The lights are awful but that's a relatively cheap fix. I'm just waiting on something going wrong with mine so I can get rid but for now it's hanging on in there but with 219K on the clock, it can't be long now.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bendolfc For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:22   #4
Welton
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bendolfc View Post
I'm just waiting on something going wrong with mine so I can get rid but for now it's hanging on in there but with 219K on the clock, it can't be long now.
I might know of a nice T5 waiting for you.........
2018 Infiniti Q30 1.6T Business Executive (what's this button do?)
Welton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:25   #5
Bendolfc
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welton View Post
I might know of a nice T5 waiting for you.........
Don't. I'd genuinely love one, although it would have to be a V50 anyway) but I don't think I'd be able to keep my licence with one. The sluggish diesel keeps me in check.
Bendolfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 09:31   #6
Peter Budd

I should add that my local Garage made a total mess of a Cambelt change which ended up with the head having to be rebuilt .Then when they put it together again the Cambelt slipped a month or so later . Head had to be rebuilt again . Since all that i have not been able to have total confidence in the Head Gasket . Also the clutch bite point was very high and i was forever waiting for it to go , most probably at the worst time imaginable ... and on it goes .I loved the solidity and sense of safety , something i will miss .
Peter Budd is offline   Reply With Quote