Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2006 XC70 D5244t4 wont start.

Views : 431

Replies : 2

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 14th, 2021, 08:32   #1
nimmo

Unhappy 2006 XC70 D5244t4 wont start.

Hi
I have a 2006 XC70 2,4d 185hp.
I have changed the swirl flap on my car, and now it wont start .
I have tried a diffeerent fuel pump on the engine, the electric one is ok .
If i use starting gas/ brake cleaner, it starts for a second, my guess is that it is not getting any fuel.
Vida has two codes :
BCM-0109 Communication between control units communicational problems with SAS , internal fault.
CEM-1A64 Communication with AOC control module signal missing .
Please help if you can, I have got an extra engine , and I have tried to change a lot off parts, but still, it wont start .
nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2021, 12:53   #2
sv70

forgive me if i am stating the obvious but did you bleed the fuel pump on the low pressure feed by taking off the pipe and turning the ignition to see a steady flow of fuel coming out, then after a few cranks of the engine to build up the high pressure side to the injectors, cracking the supply pipe unions half a turn to bleed them, i had the very same problem when i changed my lifters till i did that, flattened the battery twice. If you go on you tube and punch in- ''XC 90-D5 priming fuel system after repairs'' you will see a Yorkshire bloke talking you through it.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sv70 For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 18th, 2021, 23:11   #3
nimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv70 View Post
forgive me if i am stating the obvious but did you bleed the fuel pump on the low pressure feed by taking off the pipe and turning the ignition to see a steady flow of fuel coming out, then after a few cranks of the engine to build up the high pressure side to the injectors, cracking the supply pipe unions half a turn to bleed them, i had the very same problem when i changed my lifters till i did that, flattened the battery twice. If you go on you tube and punch in- ''XC 90-D5 priming fuel system after repairs'' you will see a Yorkshire bloke talking you through it.
Thank you for your answer, I will look up that threead on youtube and get back to you. I have tried to bleed the high pressure pipes, but not sure about the low pressure, tried a lot off things .... :-)
nimmo is offline   Reply With Quote