Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Volvo car VOC discounts 2008?

Views : 3569

Replies : 37

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 21st, 2008, 17:21   #31
meta_volante

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by weestar View Post
im a paid up member and can't drive lol but it didn't ask me what model etc

ignore that, i was thinking of the profile part *** D'OH ***
weestar... not blonde by any chance ?

(crikey thats bound to cause an uproar )

regards

Andy

'03 S40 1.9D Sport
meta_volante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 17:34   #32
meta_volante

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Des, as it says here: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/buying-a-new-volvo.shtml members must be a member for at least six months to be eligible for a discount offer on a new Volvo.
Hi Iain,

Sorry to be a pain and drag this out...

at the checkout of on-line shop could bro-in-law enter the model of the S60 he wishes to purchase in the future to become a signed up member, to then take advantage of the discount 6 months down the line ?

many TIA

regards

Andy

'03 S40 1.9D Sport

Last edited by meta_volante; Jan 21st, 2008 at 17:35. Reason: typo..
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 17:45   #33
Bob
Club Director

Andy,

Yes he can do that. In fact there is no real need to enter any model, it is just so we have an idea what models new members have.

It is important to remember a person needs to have joined up 6 months before they place an order with a dealer. This is rigidly adhered to by the dealers and VCUK. The date of joining is on the membership card and the dealer will ask for that.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 17:53   #34
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,
Quote:
Originally Posted by IC View Post
Des, as it says here: http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/buying-a-new-volvo.shtml members must be a member for at least six months to be eligible for a discount offer on a new Volvo.
Thanks for that clarification, Bob...
Hadn't read that page for a long time..

So the sooner he signs up, the better then..

Des. . .
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21st, 2008, 18:07   #35
meta_volante

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
Andy,

Yes he can do that. In fact there is no real need to enter any model, it is just so we have an idea what models new members have.

It is important to remember a person needs to have joined up 6 months before they place an order with a dealer. This is rigidly adhered to by the dealers and VCUK. The date of joining is on the membership card and the dealer will ask for that.

Bob
Hi Bob

Thanks for taking the time to clear that up for me.

regards

Andy

'03 S40 1.9D Sport
Old Jan 25th, 2008, 21:53   #36
balthusdire

Default A Bit Disappointed

Sorry Andy has dragged this out but im his brother in law interested in purchasing a new S60 D5 Se Sport this march.
Have looked at the discounts and it seems a very good club to join, however this does not help people who are intending to Purchase a new car within a few months. Ive been been an Audi driver for 6 years now and had the opportunity to test drive the S60 D5 at a volvo freedom drive with Andy. The car was great and it really impressed me, Now im in the position to Purchase my new car within the next month and find it frustrating that i would have to wait 6 months to get extra discount when i want to purchase the car now. Its not like Volvo are loosing out and they would be getting a new follower brought over from another manufactuer. They can afford to do this else they would not offer it in the first place but what advantage are they getting by making the new member wait for 6 months when they want to purchase the car straight away. This does not make sence. I would join the VOC anyway if i decided to purchase a volvo so why make someone wait and loose a potential sale. Hope someone can clearly respond why 6 months wait. Im wanting to purchase a new S60 but feel miffed that i cannot join and have the discount now rather than wait 6 months.
Thanks

Dave
balthusdire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 18:16   #37
Bob
Club Director

Dave,

I understand the frustration, but Volvo Car UK set the rules not the VOC. I suspect their reasoning is that someone does not simply join just to get the discount then not bother with the club, but when you join you join for 12 months. So be it 6 months or 4 months, it matters not. But, rules are rules.

Membership can still get you discounts on parts and/or service charges and reduce the TCO of the car.

Bob

1995 850 T5 auto estate. 280hp 289K miles and purrrs
2009 Jap import V70 2.5T 200hp 51K miles
Bob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26th, 2008, 19:43   #38
balthusdire

Thanks for the reply Bob.
I was not having a go at the VOC Bob and i understand rules are rules, just seems strange mate. A dealer has got in touch with me through this forum so ill see what happens

Thanks

Dave
balthusdire is offline   Reply With Quote