Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V70 XC Ocean Race Edition Petrol/LPG Geartronic

Views : 932

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 10th, 2023, 15:18   #1
chris h

Default V70 XC Ocean Race Edition Petrol/LPG Geartronic

2002 Volvo V70 XC Ocean Race Edition Petrol/LPG Geartronic

I have owned this car since 2006 and it has provided great service for the family. I have owned and maintained Volvos since 1976. This car has received the same care and attention to ensure it has been reliable and serviceable. I am reluctantly selling this car because I no longer need 2 Volvos and one has got to go.

The car has 212,300 miles on the clock. Ocean Race Edition in Blue with Arena leather seats. The LPG system (Generation 5 taking multi point injection pulses from cars ECU) was fitted in 2008 at 102,394 miles. The car is reasonably tidy but with this age of car there are the usual dinks and signs of wear but it has not been in any accidents. The MOT has 12 months to run until March 2024, 6 advisories but nothing significant. Registration is OE02YUB so you can see the MOT history. Scorpion Tyres are good, new exhaust fitted 2018 and new battery 2018. Radio and CD works. Timing belt change due next year. Oil, oil filter and fuel filter changed last month. Has a factory fitted sunroof and removable towbar with 13 pin and 7 pin adapter. Has a new spare wheel.

Known issues:
Geartronic automatic gearbox has been regularly flushed and oil renewed, last done 2018. Apart from an occasional clunk on the downshift from 2nd to 1st, the gearbox and gearshift is smooth and a joy to drive.
Air conditioning – It could do with a service/recharge.
Key remote does not work because I had to change the UEM in the rear view mirror to get the sunroof to work. It has 2 keys.
Engine System Service Required – This fault is intermittent. Will try to fix before sold.
Slight coolant leak – There is a weep from the thermostat housing.
LPG service – It should have a service to check the system.
A few rattles and clunks.

Car is located in Warsash just east of Southampton. I can send photos and answer any questions.

Looking to sell for £1,200
chris h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chris h For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 16th, 2023, 19:20   #2
chris h

Default Update on Photos

Car now advertised on Autotrader with photographs, search V70 Cross Country.

Engine System Service Required fault fixed.
The Following User Says Thank You to chris h For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 22nd, 2023, 07:35   #3
CharlesStevenson
Premier Member

Just seen the pics on the site - looks a nice car, GLWTS
Old Mar 24th, 2023, 13:03   #4
chris h

Default Volvo V70 XC Sold

The car has been sold.