Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General > 200 Series Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Seriously?

Views : 841321

Replies : 6336

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 5th, 2021, 12:23   #1281
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Get yourself a free account with https://postimages.org/ and click the blue button at the end of the "Hotlink for forums" link then right click in your post where you want the image then click paste followed by Enter/Return.

I normally put another Enter/Return after to give a blank line like a margin under the image to make life easier for reading. The good things about using a third-party image hosting site is you have a one-stop-shop for images where you can post the same pics on other sites without having to upload them to that other site, it cuts down on the storage needed by any given forum and you get to see full size pics in the posts without having to click on the images.

A bit like that..............

Thanks bud but most of what you said went way over my steam powered brain!

Only use an iPad and that is a mystery for me in a lot of ways .

Thanks for caring!😇❤️
Moomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 14:28   #1282
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Somewhere i've done a step-by-step guide to using postimages, i'll try and find it.

However, i've no experience of fruit-based devices so Alan could probably give you a few pointers, i think he uses an Apple something or other.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 15:02   #1283
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
Somewhere i've done a step-by-step guide to using postimages, i'll try and find it.

However, i've no experience of fruit-based devices so Alan could probably give you a few pointers, i think he uses an Apple something or other.
I generally use a PC laptop for uploading photos (via Imgur - much the same idea as Dave suggests), but I sometimes access the forum from an iPad. I'll work out a method for you to upload from your iPad this eve and let you know.
Alan

Last edited by Othen; Nov 5th, 2021 at 15:04.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 15:12   #1284
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
I generally use a PC laptop for uploading photos (via Imgur - much the same idea as Dave suggests), but I sometimes access the forum from an iPad. I'll work out a method for you to upload from your iPad this eve and let you know.
Alan
I have posted pictures, it's just that the ones I have are too big , byte wise!

My brother is a wiz , I'll ask him. He can talk me through it "live"' as it were!

I'm very grateful of your willingness to help!
The Following User Says Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 16:04   #1285
Challo

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1398986

browsing Car&Classic and this popped up. https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1398986

Looks very cheap for an apparent 1 owner car and only done 20k miles
Challo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Challo For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 16:16   #1286
Othen
Premier Member

Okay Andrew, I’m doing this entirely from my iPad, let’s see how it goes.

So, from an iPad (like a PC) you have 2 options, either an attachment (which has to be a small file size - we’ll talk about that later) or a link to a http page on an image hosting site (I use Imgur.com).

Let’s try the attachment route first. At the top of the message box (under Post Reply) you will see a paper clip icon, click on that, as you may see it will only allow you to attach very small files. The screen shot I took of that page was too large (1.2 Mb), so I had to make it smaller (and so lose some resolution). The easiest way of doing this with a Mac is to email it to yourself and choose the small file option, then save it to your iPad’s photo library. You can see the screenshot in the attachment. Personally I don’t think this is a very good method.

Roger so far?

A better way (IMHO) is to post a link to an image hosting website, the one I use is Imgur.com (there are others) which is free (put up with a few ads). So, get an account (you will just need an email address). Mine looks like this:

… so this time I just took a screenshot of my iPad, saved it to my photos, then went back to the Imgur page and pressed the ‘Add Images’ green button, selected my photo library, uploaded the last image (takes about 10 seconds), selected it (I normally select the ‘huge thumbnail’ size at the bottom right, otherwise it will fill more than the forum screen), then copy as a ‘direct link’ - this loads the image into the iPad’s cache. Back in to the forum ‘Post Reply’ box (the one I’m using now) and click on the icon that looks like a mountain - fifth from the right in the bottom row, then paste the link you copied from Imgur into the text box that appears.

Einfach?

It is a bit clumsy I admit (and many web sites are easier) but these are your two choices.

If this has worked on an iPad you should see the two examples, one as an attachment (a bit small and crappy) and one embedded.

I hope this helps.

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: png B4412DAB-891F-41A9-A129-0A871C17D15C.png (204.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Othen; Nov 5th, 2021 at 16:19.
Othen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Othen For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 16:34   #1287
Othen
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challo View Post
https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1398986

browsing Car&Classic and this popped up. https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1398986

Looks very cheap for an apparent 1 owner car and only done 20k miles
That looks interesting, if the MoT history is correct then it has been on the whole time but covered only 1,200 miles in the past 15 years.

From the pictures it looks okay and I'd say worth 2 grand (or even a bit less, the seller is inviting offers).

Alan
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 16:38   #1288
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Othen View Post
Okay Andrew, I’m doing this entirely from my iPad, let’s see how it goes.

So, from an iPad (like a PC) you have 2 options, either an attachment (which has to be a small file size - we’ll talk about that later) or a link to a http page on an image hosting site (I use Imgur.com).

Let’s try the attachment route first. At the top of the message box (under Post Reply) you will see a paper clip icon, click on that, as you may see it will only allow you to attach very small files. The screen shot I took of that page was too large (1.2 Mb), so I had to make it smaller (and so lose some resolution). The easiest way of doing this with a Mac is to email it to yourself and choose the small file option, then save it to your iPad’s photo library. You can see the screenshot in the attachment. Personally I don’t think this is a very good method.

Roger so far?

A better way (IMHO) is to post a link to an image hosting website, the one I use is Imgur.com (there are others) which is free (put up with a few ads). So, get an account (you will just need an email address). Mine looks like this:

… so this time I just took a screenshot of my iPad, saved it to my photos, then went back to the Imgur page and pressed the ‘Add Images’ green button, selected my photo library, uploaded the last image (takes about 10 seconds), selected it (I normally select the ‘huge thumbnail’ size at the bottom right, otherwise it will fill more than the forum screen), then copy as a ‘direct link’ - this loads the image into the iPad’s cache. Back in to the forum ‘Post Reply’ box (the one I’m using now) and click on the icon that looks like a mountain - fifth from the right in the bottom row, then paste the link you copied from Imgur into the text box that appears.

Einfach?

It is a bit clumsy I admit (and many web sites are easier) but these are your two choices.

If this has worked on an iPad you should see the two examples, one as an attachment (a bit small and crappy) and one embedded.

I hope this helps.

Alan

Under Post Reply , no papercliip icon, I don't know what a Mac is and I'm not sure if the age of my iPad is a problem. It must be at least 8/9 years old.

I really am not good at this, even the words mean very little!

I'll get my brother to help me, hands on , live time!

I applaud your efforts and thank you for going to so much trouble but I'm really not savvy at this stuff.😱

Attachment I am not but I've got the badge!
At the moment I have the facial expression of a dog that has been told a particularly good joke!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (83.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Moomoo; Nov 5th, 2021 at 17:02.
The Following User Says Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 5th, 2021, 19:17   #1289
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post

My brother is a wiz , I'll ask him. He can talk me through it "live"' as it were!

They're too big to upload to the forum maybe Andrew but upload them to postimages or imgurrr and you'll be fine.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 6th, 2021, 12:30   #1290
Moomoo
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moomoo View Post

Work in progress, brother in re-HAB!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (188.2 KB, 10 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Moomoo For This Useful Post: