Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Urgent matter, need help!!!!!!!

Views : 1066

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 19:10   #1
Bashy
Aged Member

Default Urgent matter, need help!!!!!!!

Hi Guys

I have the sc900 dolby pro lodgic stereo, with 3 problems!

#1 The 3 disc changer in the front loads the disc's but when it trys to play i get a very fast clicking noise, then it spits out the cartridge and looks for another disc it just repeats that process!

#2 I have fitted an Apline 600 cd changer in the boot the lead that came with it does not fit the stereo (it's too big). The original volvo wiring for a cd changer is in the boot but it too wont fit as it's connector is too small for the alpine changer, which is very strange as the volvo head unit is an alpine with a volvo badge!

#3 The automatic aireal only goes up 1 section, are they meant to or should it go up more?

Any help or ideas would be much appreciated!!!!

Regards

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5
Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 20:56   #2
Networkguy

Default RE: Urgent matter, need help!!!!!!!

>Hi Guys
>
>I have the sc900 dolby pro lodgic stereo, with 3 problems!
>
>#1 The 3 disc changer in the front loads the disc's but when
>it trys to play i get a very fast clicking noise, then it
>spits out the cartridge and looks for another disc it just
>repeats that process!

Are you using origional CDs? It sounds like it is not able to read the disc.
>
>#2 I have fitted an Apline 600 cd changer in the boot the
>lead that came with it does not fit the stereo (it's too
>big). The original volvo wiring for a cd changer is in the
>boot but it too wont fit as it's connector is too small for
>the alpine changer, which is very strange as the volvo head
>unit is an alpine with a volvo badge!

You will need an adaptor.
>
>#3 The automatic aireal only goes up 1 section, are they
>meant to or should it go up more?

They should go all the way up. Try 'helping' it by pulling it up all the way be hand. It's probably dirty or bent but you can get a replacement mast for not a lot of money (mine cost about £25 fitted from my main dealer).

PS

I thought the C70 with premium sound came with a diverse aerial mounted in the reab bumper?
Networkguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 21:13   #3
pettaw
Forum Support Team

have you tried to clean the lens, a domestic CD lens cleaner should be fine and follow the instructions.

Andy
pettaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2002, 23:17   #4
SG

Don't know I'm afraid.

I went through exactly the same thing with the Alpine changer. You need to get a bus-convertor. The unfortunate thing is that the converter is designed to plug in at the the head-unit so you still need to run an additional cable between the boot and the head-unit. I couldn't find a way through the rear bulk-head - the simplest way seemed to be to run it up through the C-pillar, along the roof and then down the A-pillar. The existing cable is terminated in a mini-DIN8 connector that has had its locating keys moved (just to be awkward). If you can find a suitable DIN adaptor (I couldn't) you might be able to bodge things to fit the convertor in the boot and use the existing cable. (Note the convertor also needs a 12V supply). I gave up in the end.

Mine does exactly the same thing. Having freed it, you'll probably need to adjust the bracket supporting the aerial motor to ensure a decent seal around the rubber grommet in the wing.

I don't think the diversity aerial was fitted to the 98MY. (Neither was home-safe lighting in case you've been looking).

One other C70 tip. Make sure the seatbelts are fully retracted before you close the doors. The buckles have a nasty habit of jamming in the door panels. I've done it twice. Luckily the panel wasn't punctured and it 'recovered' after a couple of days in the sun.

Scott
SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2002, 08:15   #5
Bashy
Aged Member

Hi all

Much appreciated thanks!
Anyone else with ideas?

Regards

Martin Chadwick
Bashy
98 C70 GT T5
Old Jun 24th, 2002, 10:04   #6
Cypher007
Master Member

the aerial should go all the way, mine did the same thing when i bought my car second hand. i found pulling it hard when you turn on the head unit usually works, then clean it with a cloth and add a small drop of fine machine/bycle oil, dont get it on the paint work!. all it is is the old duffers that drive these cars from new never like to listen to that horrible din from the radio, so the aerial gets sticky.
Ferrita Cat Back (Don)
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs (Hong Kong)
PowerFlex Top Engine Mount (?)
PowerFlex Wishbone Bushes (Elk Parts)
302mm front brake upgrade
Goodridge front hoses (rears to be fitted later)
600W Inverter (ebay)

History:
1991 Volvo 340DL (1982)
1994 Volvo 360GLE (1989)
1999 Volvo 360GLT (1988)
2002 Volvo 850GLT (1991)
2004 Volvo 850T5R (1994)
Cypher007 is offline   Reply With Quote