Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Winter Pack + HUD or Winter Pack?

Views : 10117

Replies : 23

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 31st, 2016, 10:32   #1
Jabbslad

Default Winter Pack + HUD or Winter Pack?

Hi guys,

New member but long time lurker here. Anyway, I'm about to hit the button on an XC90 and am struggling to choose between the "Winter Pack + HUD" or just the "Winter Pack" I could really do with your valuable input...

At the minute I have the Winter Pack on the V40 and the heated windscreen has been an absolute godsend during cold weather. I can drive away within a minute and no more faffing on with de-icer and a scraper.

Although the HUD looks great I can't decide whether the fact it isn't visible with polarised sunglasses and the fact i would lose the heated windscreen would be worth the added benefit that the HUD brings.

What did you guys go for in the end and what sealed the deal for you? Please help
Jabbslad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 11:05   #2
tem
Premier Member

I have ordered the Winter Plus pack for my V90.
Having a heated windscreen on my V60 and know it's benefits, I decided not to go for the HUD.

tem.
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 11:31   #3
Jabbslad

This might sound like a silly question but is "Winter Pack" the same as "Winter Plus Pack"? I can only see a "Winter Pack" on the car configurator for an R-Design which includes: Heated Front Windscreen, Heated Washer Nozzles.
Jabbslad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 12:01   #4
eax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbslad View Post
This might sound like a silly question but is "Winter Pack" the same as "Winter Plus Pack"? I can only see a "Winter Pack" on the car configurator for an R-Design which includes: Heated Front Windscreen, Heated Washer Nozzles.
I believe you only get the "Winter Plus" option if the base trim is Momentum. Because that adds some other options to the Winter pack. Which are standard in the R-Design / Inscription trim. For those trims, the Winter option is just called "Winter". Not "Winter Plus"

Bottom line, if you are adding Winter pack to an R-Design trim, then it already contains all that is included in the Winter Plus pack of a Momentum!
eax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 12:13   #5
tem
Premier Member

The V90 Winter Plus pack comes with the following:

Active Bending LED Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology.
Front LED Foglights with Cornering Function.
Heated Front Windscreen, Steering Wheel, Washer Noozles and Headlight Cleaning System.

tem.
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 12:35   #6
tem
Premier Member

The V90 R Design comes with the LED Foglights with Cornering Function, but not with Active Bending LED Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology.

Unless, I have missed something?

tem.
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 12:46   #7
tem
Premier Member

My mistake, the XC90 R Design does come with Active Bending LED Headlights with Adaptive Shadow Technology.
Some differences between the S90, V90 and XC90 models.

tem.
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 12:52   #8
S60Chris
Master Member

If you go for HUD you don't get the heated windscreen.

Having had a HUD in a previous car, I can tell you that you they don't work when you are wearing polarised sunglasses.

I find much more benefit in the heated front windscreen by far. the XC90 is a big old car to manually de-ice!
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 14:19   #9
neon
Premier Member

I have gone with the HUD and the auxiliary heater to cover off the cold days.
Old Aug 31st, 2016, 14:59   #10
eax

Yeah same here. To be honest if you have the winter with hud you shouldn't miss the heated windscreen that much because the pack includes heated washer jets. That should thaw out things quickly, even in the coldest winters. I understand the heated jets are actually mounted on (in) the wipers unlike traditional designs.
eax is offline   Reply With Quote