Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti-skid service required warning

Views : 2468

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 16th, 2011, 18:33   #1
ex Triumph Man

Default Anti-skid service required warning

Apologies to all if this issue has been raised before

My 2011my D5 SE Lux Premium has just told me it wants an anti-skid service. The car is barely 6 months old and has just over 4500 miles on the clock.

Can anyone explain why this is and what the rectification work involves, please. Otherwise, car running like a dream.
ex Triumph Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 18:50   #2
Thom12
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex Triumph Man View Post
Apologies to all if this issue has been raised before

My 2011my D5 SE Lux Premium has just told me it wants an anti-skid service. The car is barely 6 months old and has just over 4500 miles on the clock.

Can anyone explain why this is and what the rectification work involves, please. Otherwise, car running like a dream.
I have an S40 saying the same, but my car goes into limp mode when i get it. Took it for diagnostics and they said they didn't know what the problem was.
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 19:14   #3
blondedwarf

Default anti skid service required

i am going threw the same thing but i have a2007 s40 and its out of waranty.get it back to the dealer asap and get it looked at as depending on the code reading it could mean your bank 1 sensor 1 signal is faulty or not working at all. which basiclly means your abs is not working and in a short time it will affect your normal brakes and they will lose pressure and your braking could go all together.if it is this part and you had to pay for it the cost is around £1200
ive already had the codes for mine and im waiting on a good will gesture payment from head office as ive looked after mine had it serviced on time and only done 32,000 miles. i dont know weather they will pay the full amount or just part of it but get it done now its a known fault on s40 models not sure about your model but yours will be free at your main dealer because of the warranty
blondedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blondedwarf For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 16th, 2011, 20:31   #4
Thom12
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondedwarf View Post
i am going threw the same thing but i have a2007 s40 and its out of waranty.get it back to the dealer asap and get it looked at as depending on the code reading it could mean your bank 1 sensor 1 signal is faulty or not working at all. which basiclly means your abs is not working and in a short time it will affect your normal brakes and they will lose pressure and your braking could go all together.if it is this part and you had to pay for it the cost is around £1200
ive already had the codes for mine and im waiting on a good will gesture payment from head office as ive looked after mine had it serviced on time and only done 32,000 miles. i dont know weather they will pay the full amount or just part of it but get it done now its a known fault on s40 models not sure about your model but yours will be free at your main dealer because of the warranty
You should call Volvo UK or a dealer and ask if they will cover this under warrenty.

My car is also out of warrenty, but there is a common fault in the S40's. Something to do with pressure in the system being wrong which causes this rather expensive problem (in excess of £1000) but Volvo have been paying for this fix. It's a blumen ford issue i think.

As for a 2011 plate, it should definetly still be covered either way.
Old Apr 18th, 2011, 16:58   #5
ex Triumph Man

Pleased to say all sorted! Rang Lloyd Volvo in Carlisle this am, took car in for 2pm and back on road by 2.30. Problem traced to yaw sensor which required re-calibrating.

So if the S40 owner from Ayr wants an answer to his lights coming on, have a day out in Carlisle.
ex Triumph Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ex Triumph Man For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 9th, 2012, 12:36   #6
bigkc

Default anti skid service light on

The same problem on my 07 s40sport. I noticed the warning light on, foned volvo dealer in belfast who quoted me over the fone £758 over the fone. I had a well established friend auto spark put his computer on it, which verified the problem (abs not working and traction control off). Also when I turn hard right, slowly it feels as though the front right wheel is tryin to fall underneath the car or the tyre is gonna come off, But nobody was able to verify what this is. I have a feeling tho that its related to the traction control being of as the right wheel is the torque wheel. Also ther car was recalled by volvo for an air control ecu problem which was fixed and they also have offered me 50% off on the original price of £758 for the anti skid service... So dont take no for an answer, be calm in your argument and dont be swayed in your opinion by well schooled volvo staff
bigkc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10th, 2012, 15:32   #7
RoyMacDonald
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex Triumph Man View Post
Pleased to say all sorted! Rang Lloyd Volvo in Carlisle this am, took car in for 2pm and back on road by 2.30. Problem traced to yaw sensor which required re-calibrating.

So if the S40 owner from Ayr wants an answer to his lights coming on, have a day out in Carlisle.
I got that message when my friend test drove my car and hit an open manhole in Bathgate at 40 mph. (metal theft I guess) The impact knocked out the yaw sensor and bent a suspension arm.