Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

does anyone remember who i bought my car from

Views : 1983

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 24th, 2010, 11:35   #1
t5monster

Default does anyone remember who i bought my car from

i have still not received the log book to my car and have today phoned the dvla to find out 3 days after i bought the car the fool decided to apply for a duplicate log book further to that he has also kept the car insured i know this as i have checked the insurance database at www.askmid.co.uk i have never insured the car as i have trade policy permitting use of any car i went to my old pms and the old posts in the for sale section to find that i cannot find them and even under my previous posts they have been removed i still have the address of the personb i got from and if needed as a last resort i will pay him a visit but hopefully someone ie. mod or admin can help and find his old posts to sort this out.

the only thing i can think of is he has rung mine with another or he is going to try and claim back from his insurance as being stolen
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:01   #2
scr8pdo
Premier Member

That sounds dodgy mate, does he live far from you?
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:04   #3
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Did the bloke have a logbook when you bought the car?
I normally keep the logbooks and give the previous keeper the yellow traders section back, saves waiting, but sometimes they only have the green part, did you have to apply for a logbook with a V62?
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:10   #4
t5monster

na he only like 45 mins away from me asked his wife to fill the trade section she refused as said they had done that before and had fines come back to em so insisted i fill full log book i got trade section and green slip anyway but dvla thinks it dodgy too
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:17   #5
Jules_V70R

1. It is the responsibility of the seller to notify the DVLA of a change of ownership.

2. It is still your responsibility to inform your trade insurer that you have the vehicle and for them to add it to the MID database.
Jules_V70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:19   #6
t5monster

yeah i know i have 8 weeks to do so but if its not in my name technically still wouldnt be covered on the insurance if i was to add it to my cars i have a courtesy car at the mo as volvo in bodyshop and being writen off but buying it back and gonna spend all the money on it
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:19   #7
scr8pdo
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by t5monster View Post
na he only like 45 mins away from me asked his wife to fill the trade section she refused as said they had done that before and had fines come back to em so insisted i fill full log book i got trade section and green slip anyway but dvla thinks it dodgy too
So did he reckon he sent off the logbook in your name?, you know you can apply for a logbook for free if you got the green slip, seems weird he still has it insured though, thats putting him liable for the car really and why would he want a duplicate logbook? Did you get the car off here or a member on here mate?
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:21   #8
rippedoffagain
Premier Member

I have to admit, while there might be a perfectly innocent explanation, I can't think of one.

As for the missing posts and PMs, remember that we lost a lot of data when the forum crashed recently.

However, if I bought a car and found that the seller had ordered a duplicate V5 in his own name, and reinsured the car, I'd be a bit concerned.

That said, a V5 is not proof of ownership. Did you get a signed receipt or invoice?

I would be inclined to have a word with the DVLA or even the coppers.

If things get really awkward and it looks like you are going to lose out, you could always just park the car somewhere where the registered keeper will clock up immense parking charges/fines.
rippedoffagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:47   #9
t5monster

yeh been to dvla and they sending it off to get me log book as the cars in bodyshop at the mo im not bothered as if he was to report it stolen apaqrt from him having my details the cars not here not insured by me and also would not be findable lol

then if it was to come to it id strip it and sale for spares and make my money back anyway as i only give 450 for it aqlong with that i mottd the car on the 19th of jan and also do have a receipt for car somewhere i still have his addy as on my cousins sat nav i just cant understand why he would do what he has also i didnt know the forum had gone down so may hae been amongst the stuff lost

also its against the law to have 2 insurance policys on 1 car so will have to try and find out who its insured by and inform them of this the ecilop is a nono as hate me and hate them

and along with the issue if i dont get the log boom and found out car was reported stolen or something dodgy i would then go to littlehampton and set off a load of speed cams with a nice speed of over double the limit which would then result in an instant ban so he would then be worse off then if needed id go and park the car back outside his house and let him be liable i got 4 sets of keys with car service history and have also used carcheck or something checked the car and vin number and all tallys up so maybe it could be a confusion but seems dodgy to apply for a log book after uve sold the car
Old Feb 24th, 2010, 12:57   #10
ideal

Default nice guys get ripped off

hi mate i hope you get this sorted out. theirs a lot of people about that would pimp their own gran. so buying a car from a stranger should be done with grate big guns and the promise i will be back if it goes wrong. but on a more serious note if you have to kill him never utter a word of it not a word no relay hope you can sort it and let us no its gon ok good luck ideal