Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control / PA2?

Views : 16832

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 19th, 2021, 18:18   #31
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Primero View Post
Just been told I cant have the pilot assist retrofitted.
To be honest I find that a bit strange.

Any thoughts anybody?
Hmm, you can't have Pilot Assist retrofitted as a standalone option - wonder if that's what they meant? You can have Intellisafe Assist retrofitted which includes Pilot Assist. It's in the Volvo Accessory catalogue here:

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/accesso...ModelYear=2018

I would ask them specifically about Intellisafe Assist and if they still say 'no' refer them to the above link and ask 'why not'?
Old May 19th, 2021, 18:31   #32
Carlos Primero

thanks, I find it hard to believe that it cant be retrofitted. It already has Intellisafe.
So you think its jus a case of adding Intellisafe assist and that will give me the assist package?
I want to make the most out of the full Volvo experience.
Carlos Primero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2021, 19:01   #33
techwatcher
Master Member

Quote:
thanks, I find it hard to believe that it cant be retrofitted. It already has Intellisafe.
So you think its jus a case of adding Intellisafe assist and that will give me the assist package?
I want to make the most out of the full Volvo experience.
Yep, Intellisafe Assist will give you Pilot Assist, along with Adaptive Cruise Control and Distance Alert.
Old May 19th, 2021, 19:18   #34
Carlos Primero

Thanks again.
I will try and contact them again.
I would have thought they would try and promote upgrades like this, even just from a commercial point of view.
If I don't get any joy from them I will try another Volvo select garage.

Last edited by Carlos Primero; May 19th, 2021 at 19:44.
Carlos Primero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2021, 23:02   #35
Dixie

There definitely appears to be a huge lack of knowledge at Dealers for this retrofit, obviously it's not a common request, which does surprise me. If my local Dealers does eventually come back to me saying it can be done, not sure I'd trust them now to do the work!?

On that subject, does anyone know what work is involved in fitting the hydraulic pump?

Thanks
Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 07:40   #36
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie View Post
There definitely appears to be a huge lack of knowledge at Dealers for this retrofit, obviously it's not a common request, which does surprise me. If my local Dealers does eventually come back to me saying it can be done, not sure I'd trust them now to do the work!?

On that subject, does anyone know what work is involved in fitting the hydraulic pump?

Thanks
The part numbers are here

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-516550/2018

I couldn't easily find the installation instructions, they're in VIDA, that's all I can see.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:08   #37
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polestar Pete View Post
The part numbers are here

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en...CC-516550/2018

I couldn't easily find the installation instructions, they're in VIDA, that's all I can see.
Yes thank you, this is what I find very odd, the instructions and part numbers are all there to see but yet the dealer appears clueless. I'm going to phone them again today.
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:51   #38
Polestar Pete
Polestar

Dealers differ in what they know. The service guy I spoke to at my local dealer was able to tell me what upgrades were available for my car and the prices without needing to take time to look them up.

XC60 T8 R Design Pro
Polestar Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Polestar Pete For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2021, 10:51   #39
js90
VOC Member

Quote:
Just been told I cant have the pilot assist retrofitted.
To be honest I find that a bit strange.

Any thoughts anybody?
Was that the service department that told you it couldn't be fitted? Speak to parts, get them to find the relevant part numbers - I assume you need the pump and the software - get them to save a quote and then go back to the service department with the quote. If they still refuse, take your business to a competent dealer
js90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to js90 For This Useful Post:
Old May 20th, 2021, 11:34   #40
Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by js90 View Post
Was that the service department that told you it couldn't be fitted? Speak to parts, get them to find the relevant part numbers - I assume you need the pump and the software - get them to save a quote and then go back to the service department with the quote. If they still refuse, take your business to a competent dealer

Coincidentally when I chased the Dealer today Parts answered the phone, so I thought I'd ask them the question. They managed to call back within an hour but they've quoted just over £1200!?

I asked them to e.mail the quote and I can see the part numbers for the 'application' of assist (£577.67 exc vat) and for the 'hydraulic pump' (£165 exc vat) but they've also quoted £230 labour exc. vat and part numbers 32261831 CMS OB Application and 32261830 Elka level 2 application - prices for these minimal at £18.50 each exc. vat but anyone know what they refer to? Mine is a XC90 MY16 I have bliss, standard cruise control, city safety which I think is standard, cross lane assistance only and 360 camera if that helps.

The website says £1085 inc. VAT for fitting, so not sure what extras I'm being charged for? He seemed to suggest I needed the assist 'upgrade' too after the assist was installed? Am I right in thinking that £1085 was to include the pump (which I need) and that if not needed it was around £500? Sorry for all the questions.