Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC90 DVD issue

Views : 684

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 13th, 2010, 09:42   #1
branwellm

Default XC90 DVD issue

Hi all

Fantastic forum this, really helpful to Volvo newbies like me.

I have just bought a 2nd-hand XC90 SE D5 2005. It has the Integrated DVD system in it, with a 10 disc DVD changer in the boot and screens the back of the front-seat headrests. It also came with 2 Thomson wireless headsets.

Unfortunately there were no instructions for the DVD system included so I don't really know how to work it.

I am pretty sure I have read somewhere that you can choose to have sound through the back speakers rather than the headsets but cannot see how this can be done. The remote does not have any obvious buttons on it that would do this and I have also gone through the setup menu using the screens and again, cannot find anything obvious.

Any advice / help would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bran
branwellm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 10:25   #2
Clan
Experienced Member

This system is stand alone , ie not connected to the rest of the car it works on its own so you are stuck with the headphones ..
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 10:34   #3
branwellm

Default Thanks Clan

Don't suppose you know if there are any compatible wireless speakers that can be used with the unit. The reason I ask is that I have a 22 month old who probably will not keep the headphones on but will then get annoyed that she cannot hear the sound.

Not a biggie as I am sure that she will get used to the headphones and it will also save us having to listen to Peppa Pig for 2 hours non-stop.

Many thanks
branwellm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13th, 2010, 11:23   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

you could get some wireless speakers from maplin and plug them into the place that headset tramsmitter plugs into the DVD unit in the back .. then put the speakers in the side bins in the rear if they are slim enough .. you will need powered speakers as the output level is low from the DVD unit ..