Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

xc60 Lead times

Views : 11345

Replies : 108

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 17:30   #21
Westyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
It has taken me 3 weeks to get my personal plate assigned to it though.
Really? I got mine on from day 1 from the dealer. I wasn't transferring one though, it was a new one (to me) with the retention certificate.

I have to say the R-design branding has always puzzled me but then I'm old and grumpy with red callipers......LOL
1972 MG B GT
Westyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 19:13   #22
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

My transfer from car to car took under two weeks. However some dealerships refuse now to allow a transfer (or even in some cases put one on from retention), more so on new cars and if so many only allowing for the P/X to be put onto ideally it's original plate and the private onto retention not a transfer.

Once the car has arrived then the owner can put it onto the vehicle without the dealerships involvement in their eyes it adds complexity.

I found the process itself relatively simple and painless which the dealership sorted. I want to see what this goes like once the DVLA closes it's regional offices mind who in both it's first application to my old car and in the transfer dealt with it smoothly, Swansea screwed up not updating the tax on their online system mind 2 weeks of running around.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 19:52   #23
Crockers
Premier Member

The car turned up early so my p/x still had my plate on it. I had to get it put onto retention then once the cert came assign it to the new car. Oh and then post v5 to dealer. All told 4 weeks.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 21:42   #24
Westyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crockers View Post
The car turned up early so my p/x still had my plate on it. I had to get it put onto retention then once the cert came assign it to the new car. Oh and then post v5 to dealer. All told 4 weeks.
Ah I see! I left my V70### plate on the p/x and had the X60### retention doc. for the dealer. Hence went straight on.

Similar thing when I registered the Westfield after I built it. I had a retention doc. but when I sold it I took it off and Swansea gave me a random spare age related plate for it.
1972 MG B GT
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 22:32   #25
watchboy

Regarding the taxing of vehicles by dealers, this was something else mentioned today.

Larger dealers who work with Lex etc will typically be pushing through fairly significant volumes of cars each and every day to the extent that if it is 9 cars or more they have the tax discs within 2-3 days.

Whilst the cars are being taxed they PDi them etc and once the tax arrives off they go under normal circumstances.

Where it is a smaller dealer the tax can take a little longer as already described.

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:39   #26
Westyman
VOC Member

My dealer intimated that they taxed it online and wrote the RFL themselves.
1972 MG B GT
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 11:01   #27
Crockers
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westyman View Post
My dealer intimated that they taxed it online and wrote the RFL themselves.
That may account for the reason mine had Dealer stamped on it,,
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 11:37   #28
watchboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvonD View Post
I haven't been told of any delay.......
What would be a typical turnaround for preparing a vehicle?
Any news AvonD?

I'm guessing not unless you have posted elsewhere. If it has arrived we will all of course be expecting multiple pictures from varying angles and no doubt many specific requests will be made in terms of, 'what is this like', 'can you take a picture of XYZ' etc

Hope to hear more soon

Paul
watchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12th, 2013, 12:14   #29
AvonD

No news yet but I haven't asked either. I did mention that I would prefer to wait for 1st September for the new reg.

Perhaps I'll ask for an update....
AvonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2013, 18:03   #30
AvonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchboy View Post
Any news AvonD?

I'm guessing not unless you have posted elsewhere. If it has arrived we will all of course be expecting multiple pictures from varying angles and no doubt many specific requests will be made in terms of, 'what is this like', 'can you take a picture of XYZ' etc

Hope to hear more soon

Paul
Update from lease company is that it's been built but not yet shipped. I will get more information on Friday.
AvonD is offline   Reply With Quote