Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Functional Improvements to the XC60

Views : 6759

Replies : 89

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 18th, 2011, 22:18   #81
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Simon J drake

It is interesting that whenever anyone writes a post with a different opinion and in response to mine you always appear to thank them.

It appears you obviously do not like my posts nor me apparantly
Dear Ex Volvorocks
I have given up on the above task as:
1. It would now take up too much of my time due to the frequency of the posts,
2. You no longer have a Volvo having changed to a Robin Reliant 3 Wheeler

Prehaps you should use all your free time on a more suitable forum were you will find members more intune with your choice of car - could I be so bold as to suggest the below forum
http://www.reliantownersclub.co.uk/

Best Regards
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 22:58   #82
madman1

Wink

[QUOTE=Brodick;987388]I cannot see what the issue is with the running light set up of the xc60
my car has Xenon's and yet ok having them on all the time will shorten their lifespan but to me it is one less thing to remember to turn on. I hardly ever use full beam (only if on a small country rd in the middle of no where that I don't know - the std beam is that good)

Seperate your house keys from your car key. It really annoys me (and this is a personal thing) when people pull out their car key and there is another 2 or 6 keys attached to it. In 20 years of driving i have never attached any other key to my car key. RESULT - no damage to trim in the car and no key rattling or hitting off the trim.

Separating car keys. Yes, kinda worked out that that might be an option all by myself! But thanks anyway. In 23 years of driving I can honestly say that I've never got annoyed with (or particularly noticed for that matter) the key carrying arrangements of other people. RESULT - I have time to get annoyed about things that might actually matter instead!

Last edited by madman1; Sep 18th, 2011 at 23:04.
madman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madman1 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 23:33   #83
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonjedrake View Post
Dear Ex Volvorocks
I have given up on the above task as:
1. It would now take up too much of my time due to the frequency of the posts,
2. You no longer have a Volvo having changed to a Robin Reliant 3 Wheeler

Prehaps you should use all your free time on a more suitable forum were you will find members more intune with your choice of car - could I be so bold as to suggest the below forum
http://www.reliantownersclub.co.uk/

Best Regards
Good evening Simonjedrake

Thank you for your kind comments and helpful directives and trusting this fine evening finds you in high spirits.

In response to your post as above numbered

1. This is such a shame that you are finding it difficult to expend further your valuable time, on posting in this ,the holy grail of Volvo Forums. I urge you to please continue as all your posts in extenso sincerely are amusing and extremely interesting upon interpretation.

2. Unfortunately , and with the greatest of respect , you appear mis informed on this , point 2 ,as I still remain a (multi) Volvo owner in addition to my superb 300bhp Robin Reliant 3 Wheeler 4 Wheel drive 7 Seat 6 Door in splendid turquoise which takes me over hill and underdale in pure luxury and total reliability. I must,for your information,and in order to remove worry from your mind,now and in future, also add that I do not have the over turning issues due to the 4c chassis. I do however thank you for noticing my car of choice this the 18th day of September from my signature penned on or around 15th ultimo.

Your boldness is greatly appreciated,and once again I thank you in advance for the time trouble and effort you have thus far expended in not only seeking out but setting forth an alternative forum in order that specific views and opinions may be obtained or aired via this alternative forum.My thanks are greater extended as I realise time is valuable to you.

It would however sadden me to leave the Volvo Forums and spend my “free time” away from all my valued and trusted warm and kind hearted friends herein.

Sincerely
VR

Ps Please do excuse me but I do not remember ever dating you?

volvorocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 23:36   #84
volvorocks
Rodney

Hey Si

Theres just you and me in this forum thread now...nice and cosy...
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 23:41   #85
volvorocks
Rodney

[QUOTE=madman1;987691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
I cannot see what the issue is with the running light set up of the xc60
my car has Xenon's and yet ok having them on all the time will shorten their lifespan but to me it is one less thing to remember to turn on. I hardly ever use full beam (only if on a small country rd in the middle of no where that I don't know - the std beam is that good)

Seperate your house keys from your car key. It really annoys me (and this is a personal thing) when people pull out their car key and there is another 2 or 6 keys attached to it. In 20 years of driving i have never attached any other key to my car key. RESULT - no damage to trim in the car and no key rattling or hitting off the trim.

Separating car keys. Yes, kinda worked out that that might be an option all by myself! But thanks anyway. In 23 years of driving I can honestly say that I've never got annoyed with (or particularly noticed for that matter) the key carrying arrangements of other people. RESULT - I have time to get annoyed about things that might actually matter instead!

Good thought Madman!

The keyless PCC option also solves ones worry about trim damage

Regards
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 23:44   #86
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvorocks View Post
Good evening Simonjedrake

Thank you for your kind comments and helpful directives and trusting this fine evening finds you in high spirits.

In response to your post as above numbered

1. This is such a shame that you are finding it difficult to expend further your valuable time, on posting in this ,the holy grail of Volvo Forums. I urge you to please continue as all your posts in extenso sincerely are amusing and extremely interesting upon interpretation.

2. Unfortunately , and with the greatest of respect , you appear mis informed on this , point 2 ,as I still remain a (multi) Volvo owner in addition to my superb 300bhp Robin Reliant 3 Wheeler 4 Wheel drive 7 Seat 6 Door in splendid turquoise which takes me over hill and underdale in pure luxury and total reliability. I must,for your information,and in order to remove worry from your mind,now and in future, also add that I do not have the over turning issues due to the 4c chassis. I do however thank you for noticing my car of choice this the 18th day of September from my signature penned on or around 15th ultimo.

Your boldness is greatly appreciated,and once again I thank you in advance for the time trouble and effort you have thus far expended in not only seeking out but setting forth an alternative forum in order that specific views and opinions may be obtained or aired via this alternative forum.My thanks are greater extended as I realise time is valuable to you.

It would however sadden me to leave the Volvo Forums and spend my “free time” away from all my valued and trusted warm and kind hearted friends herein.

Sincerely
VR

Ps Please do excuse me but I do not remember ever dating you?

I just feel like re-quoting myself..lol
Old Sep 18th, 2011, 23:52   #87
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossedover View Post
You missed out a herd of flying pigs narrowly missed the tooth fairy as she was talking to Father Christmas.
Crikes didnt realise you were there!

Cheers for pointing out the bits I missed
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 15:16   #88
volvorocks
Rodney

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs View Post
judging by most of your posts volvorocks, it seems you've set up your username to be ironic.
Darbs

It may seem ironic.
See the irony here
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 18:01   #89
Brodick
Master Member

[QUOTE=madman1;987691]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodick View Post
I cannot see what the issue is with the running light set up of the xc60

Oh good grief!!

@madman
My comments regarding the ignition slot comment were quite reasonable
The slot is intended for the car key only - house keys or any other keys have no business being anywhere near the dashboard. As such there is no requirement for additional protection around the ignition slot area
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brodick For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 19th, 2011, 19:59   #90
madman1

[QUOTE=Brodick;988079]
Quote:
Originally Posted by madman1 View Post
[/B]Oh good grief!!

@madman
My comments regarding the ignition slot comment were quite reasonable
The slot is intended for the car key only - house keys or any other keys have no business being anywhere near the dashboard. As such there is no requirement for additional protection around the ignition slot area
Indeed, what was I thinking, you're spot on, keep up the good work.

Last edited by madman1; Sep 19th, 2011 at 20:20.
madman1 is offline   Reply With Quote