Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50/S40 DPF or FAP filter removal

Views : 61287

Replies : 133

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 26th, 2012, 21:05   #91
Like its stolen

Thanks Getsome. Mine is the 1.6D version. Will be looking out for the regen. I have about 500 miles done so far and its still fine. Will see what happens and if not too bad i'll probably leave it. If not then i'll be back to ye and might try purchase that software! Thanks again..
Like its stolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 10:56   #92
getsome

Hi.
I´m not sure my firmware will do the 1.6D , dont think its the same ECU , but I will need a BDM100 (google this tool) read from your ECU or a full read by other tool and know what the ECU in your car is for type and make (labels on unit) and will have to manually edit the file to get rid of regen and DPF system related DTCs , anyone reading this DON´T use ECUSAFE/VOLTA it will mess up your car completely , the only thing ECUSAFE / VOLTA does is erases switches for DTCs so you loose all diagnostic capabilities for ever.
getsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2nd, 2012, 19:57   #93
adebendanchris

Thought I'd share my DPF experience for those not so adventurous to want to do DIY and as people have asked about companies doing removals. (Sorry it's so long ...)

2008 C70 2.0. Bought it at 50,000 miles and didn't realise it had a DPF - straight away had issues. Surprise surprise the fluid had not been topped up (Although had full Volvo service history - worth checking if you are buying used). Started doing some research and found out DPF replacement needed at 75K miles and ££££ so started looking around for full DPF removal (Removing DPF itself and remapping of software)

After looking at a large number of options and getting several quotes ranging from £400 to £700 I decided to go with More BHP (on web also as www.removemydpf.co.uk) in Crewe. Lots of experience of DPF removal and good feedback.

Even with the cost of fuel (Return trip from Southampton) was cheaper than other options I looked at. Also chose at the same time to do a remap to up power from 136BHP to 166BHP. I'm no boy racer but I always felt the car was sluggish due to the roof weight (Especially compared to my 2.4 S60 previously). Even with the remap was under 1/2 what local Volvo dealer had wanted for DPF replacement.

Jason and Mike were great, top blokes - friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. It took most of the morning to do and I was taken on a 20 minute test drive to check I was happy with the car before leaving. Can't recommend them enough.

800 miles later the car drives better than it has ever done (better power across the entire range and especially at low revs) and I've had no issues whatsoever. An added bonus is a 10% improvement in fuel economy. Wish I'd had it done ages ago.

Hope the above is useful - any questions please shout.
adebendanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adebendanchris For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 12th, 2012, 17:50   #94
Kova

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsome View Post
I have logged my car with VIDA on a short run and my filter shows between 6-35 kPa depending on engine load
Sorry for the off-topic, but I would really appreciate your help with logging with VIDA.

I'm trying to log some ECM parameters on my C70 T5 (2008) with VIDA to send it to my tuner but I cannot find "engine load" among ECM parameters available for logging. Is it possible to log engine load?

Is there a way to get a file (in CSV format) of logged values that are shown on the graph in VIDA?
Kova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 12:07   #95
getsome

Hi.
Sorry for late answer but engine load is not available on my version of vida too , so probably cannot be read, The best way that I found to save values of logging in vida is by the worst way ever , get a program to record whats on the screen and save to videofile , no other way is possible to my knowledge
getsome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2012, 12:18   #96
Kova

Quote:
Hi.
Sorry for late answer but engine load is not available on my version of vida too , so probably cannot be read, The best way that I found to save values of logging in vida is by the worst way ever , get a program to record whats on the screen and save to videofile , no other way is possible to my knowledge
I see..

Thank you for the reply!
Kova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20th, 2012, 10:04   #97
GTAMAX

Default DPF fix generic

Quote:
Originally Posted by s40s View Post
Bill, you can find more info http://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk under 307 section. Unfortunately you have to pay to enable search facility. Once registered you have to go page by page and you will find all development regarding dpf cleaning, removal, ECU flashing. Here is example topic: http://www.peugeotcentral.co.uk/ftop...r=asc&&start=0 you might have to log in to see it. Anyways since my Peugeot days things went much further. Here is company which specializes in DPF Removal http://www.more-bhp.com/dpf_removal_...er_delete.html . £ 199 to get rid of the filter is kind a value for money, unfortunately Volvo is not listed but I’ll drop them an email to see if they can help. My filter was replaced 3k miles ago but my driving is mostly short city journeys so I guess it won’t take too long before it clogs up.
Mot question
Your car shouldn’t fail if it complies with Euro 4 European emission standards. Reasoning behind it is that Volvo use to make diesels complying with Euro4 with and without filter. Euro5 must have 5 times less particulate matter than Euro 4 and probably will fail it is my guess don’t take it for granted.
Volvo V50 2004 "engine system service required" on dash, reappears 10s after deleted, hold trip reset 20 sec and "019" appears, anyone know what this means???

yes have fix for same see these videos

very informative material was found here on a fix i believe it can also be used on Peugeot ford etc etc with some variations to parameters but basically the same procedure.

DPF FIX PART 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMf4m946aKA

DPF FIX PART 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXLZEG6It8o
GTAMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 17:46   #98
Phil6

I filled up dpf tank with ADBLUE(bought it at BP station) instead of Eolys by mistake. Can it cause any problem later? Should I refilled it with Eolys one to stay safe? Thank you.
I am sorry about my english(I am Slovakian),just hope it all makes sense for you.
Phil6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 12:59   #99
shark90
Shark Performance

Quote:
Hi.
anyone reading this DON´T use ECUSAFE/VOLTA it will mess up your car completely , the only thing ECUSAFE / VOLTA does is erases switches for DTCs so you loose all diagnostic capabilities for ever.
And this is how so many of the cheap DPF removal companies do it. Remove your diagnostics forever.

Glad to hear you've done it properly with time and research, which is exactly how we do ours and why we're not the cheapest.

On a secondary note, a car still doing regenerations is a bad thing. DO NOT attempt to live with it, there's a 2009 Ford 2.0TDCI in my workshop right now that's testament to that. Tuner removed the DPF (removed all diagnostics, so no fault lights would ever come on for any fault code, even non-DPF related) but left regen matrix standard and the sump is full of diesel, it misfires on a cold start and smokes like it's on fire. At the very least needs an oil change and probably a set of injectors. At the worst it might need a new engine.

People think because we're a company we don't want people to find cheap ways of doing the things we charge money for - it really isn't about that! We do things properly and for that reason we're not cheap (research and development, tooling, equipment, overheads all cost money). But you can be assured that the software is done properly, with all other fault codes remaining active and with the DPF routines correctly removed from the car's ECU.
t: 01623 332233

10% off remaps and vehicle servicing to VolvoForums members
shark90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shark90 For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 20:13   #100

I'm having problems with my s40 1.6d does the topic that stew started work cause don't want to fork out £800 on getting it sorted
25122010 is offline   Reply With Quote