Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Need Help Emissions, Abs S80

Views : 3442

Replies : 25

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2006, 21:56   #11
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Probably not as the ECU's are on a network and are 'matched' to each other.
Ask the dealer to read the fault codes from the abs unit and tell you exactly what they are.
The ABS ECU is know for developing dry joints which can be fixed by opening the unit and resoldering but it would be best to know what fault codes are logged first.
It may be worth cleaning up the ABS ECU connector to see if that helps.
Here is a link that may help with the ECU connector, look at the bottom of the page:

http://home.earthlink.net/~vicrocha/
Chris_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 12:53   #12
ad s80

Default very crazy s80

Hi Chris, so far cleaned throttle body and disconnected battery this for short while would help, today went to dealers to have software upload the dealership could not do this for the following:

CEM 1A5F COMM FAULT WITH ABS CONTROL
CEM 1A5D COMM WITH ETM PERM FAULT
CEM 1A62 COMM WITH ECM PERM FAULT
ABS 0093,0092,0095,0011,0010 CONTROL MOD
COMMUNICATION & LEFT FRON WHEEL SENSOR SIGNAL
TCM 0094

ECM 914F ,9150, 928C,510F,91B7,E000,602A,3340

ALL THE ABOVE AT SECOND VISIT CANT MAKE ANY SENSE

I only disconnected battery and cleaned throttle body put every thing back excactly, without the keys anyware near the car, i driven the car for 85miles apart from dash as xmas tree the car still drives 100% no juddering, hunting or idle dropping off, no crunch sounds from ABS nothing.

the dealership wants me to authorise 4 hrs at £85 plus vat ti investigate why no communication then try to upload new software

I really need someones help this is the only car i have, and due to my disability can only drive autos, bought a volvo thinking very strong cars go on for ever at least i thought taht is what they build there reputation on!

Chris my number is 07712 660 662 you can call me any time I will call you back to save your money but i think if you advise me on the phone it might help

don't know where to start this car initially only had 2 faults showing 0093 and ecm914f shorly my actions could not have caused such damage????

also the sat nav does not recognise the map disc it assumes i have music discs in there and keeps asking me to change the disc. I only ahve the sat nav disc in the changer in slot 1 and nothing in the rest

please please please help i am ever so gratefull

kind regards sam
ad s80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 17:35   #13
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

e-mail sent to address on yur profile
Old Nov 15th, 2006, 17:54   #14
ad s80

Default mad s80

Chris, you would mind posting reply please would you?? having trouble with email nothing has come through

Cheers sam
Old Nov 16th, 2006, 12:08   #15
silverback02
Premier Member

Hi there,
Try replaceing the fuse you removed for your ABS. When I removed mine because my ABS and STC light was on, The BRAKE FAILURE light was then put on with stop now. upon replacement of the fuse that went out and was left with my initial ABS STC warning.

That was cured by sending the ECU to a place called ECU testing. (pm me for fone No if required).

It took just three days cost £100 and has worked ever since.

The ECU can be removed very easy and the car still driven all though WITHOUT ABS or STC.
Joe.
silverback02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2006, 11:56   #16
ad s80

Default crazy s80

Hi, thanks to everyones help was not making any progress i have sent the abs module to ecu testing .com see if they find anything

On this s80 all the connections have a 10mm bolt going through them which just turn and turn don't seem to tighten

retraced all my steps reconnected all connections know waiting for ecu to be returned then moment of truth (possibly another guy folks night as well)

regrads sam
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 17:01   #17
ad s80

Thumbs up carzy s80

Hello Chaps,

I am please4d to report that after the abs ecu was repaired all the lights on dash have gone, and hopefully (please God) for good, however i only have one message engine system requires service hoping the new ecu upload soon, will cure this if not i will just live with it. to be honest i whave done vitually everything to the throttle body.

I HAVE TO THANK CHRIS ROGERS ESPECIALLY FOR HIS ASSISTANCE, CHRIS THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND GOD BLESS.

Know i can tackle the silly things like illumination lights on heater control etc, any ideas how to remove radio and panel?????

I will keep you posted once the ecu upload has taken place, but for now i am greatfull and very happy that £130 has cured my car as apposed to £1465 the MAIN DEALERS WANTED

regards sam
Old Nov 23rd, 2006, 17:06   #18
Chris_Rogers
VOC Member

Glad you're nearly there!

This link may help with radio removal:

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/s80/faq.htm
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 00:00   #19
silverback02
Premier Member

Glad ECU helped as they did with me.

As for the service light reset.

1. Press and hold the trip button in.
2. turn on the ign so that all lights come on ,Dont start.
3. the trip will go to 0000 Wait until you hear a beep and release.
4 the trip willnow read the origional mileage that was shown before but the service light should be out.

Hope this helps as well.

Joe.
Old Nov 24th, 2006, 00:13   #20
silverback02
Premier Member

Sorry Chris,

Should have viewed your link before putting up last post ref service light reset. (did save me going through the radio removal though).

ECU-TESTING.COM are on e-bay offering their services (thats where I found them) ID name is GUYROGERS69 a good service with 3 day turn around. If anyone else needs help.

Joe