Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General > XC90 '02–'15 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2003 XC90 D5 Auto

Views : 2285

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 5th, 2014, 22:01   #1
dilksie

Default 2003 XC90 D5 Auto

Due to an unfortunate change in circumstances my wife's XC90 is up for sale. It is a Jan 2003 registered '52 plate with 106,000 miles on the clock, which will go up as still in daily use.

Spec as follows
D5 Engine with Geartronic Gearbox
Crystal Green Pearl Paint
Grey leather interior with heated / electrically adjustable front seats. Drivers has memory settings
Premium Sound system with Dolby, CD Multi changer & MD player, Phone & rear controls
RTI Sat Nav system running a genuine 2012 Volvo disc
Rear Seat Entertainment - 10 disc boot mounted DVD player, twin headrest screens & 2 sets of wireless headphones
Genuine Volvo sidesteps powder coated satin black
18" alloy wheels powder coated in 'Black Chrome'
Headlamp Washers
Folding Mirrors
Rear Parking sensors
Auto dimming rear view mirror & auto wipers
Tinted glass
Rear load liner
Space saver spare wheel
Detachable tow bar with twin electrics

Everything works as it should, in the last 11 months / 6,000 miles the following has been done
Engine service inc Cambelt change
Front & rear discs & pads
Angle gear spline sleeve replacement
Gearbox oil change
Powder coating of wheels & sidesteps
Sunroof drain leak fix & Anti Skid yaw sensor replacement
Repairs to DVD system, Sat Nav, CD player & phone to restore full functionality
Front Engine mount & vac hoses recently replaced due to vac leak causing loss of boost & limp home mode

Car is in very good condition inside & out, there are a few minor marks on the paint work but nothing you wouldn't expect to see on a 11 year old car.

Pics

Car is currently taxed & MOT'd and as said is in daily use. Fuel consumption as below, but 90% of the journeys are commuting to my wife's work (approx 18 mile round trip) and include plenty of time stuck in traffic, on a decent run we see 30+ mpg. To be honest we don't want to sell it, especially after the work I have done getting everything working as it should. but needs must I guess.

Asking for £5,500 or nearest offer.

Last edited by dilksie; May 5th, 2014 at 22:21. Reason: error correction
dilksie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dilksie For This Useful Post:
Old May 6th, 2014, 08:10   #2
dilksie

Forgot to add the car comes with Full Service History
Old May 6th, 2014, 17:02   #3
A lex
Premier Member

GLWTS.

Thats a great price and a nice looking car.

Im sure thatll sell in no time
A lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 17:18   #4
SkipjackUK
VOC Member

Wowser, I would have it if I had the spare dosh. Following the story of what you have done to get this one up to scratch I know its going to be a reliable purchase for someone. Sorry to hear you have to sell it. Hope you stay as member here. Was hoping you could fix my AWD sometime as well ££

Good luck with the sale, it defo worth every penny. Don't be persuaded to budge on the price.

good luck
SkipjackUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:21   #5
dilksie

Thanks for the comments guys. We really don't want to sell it, especially with the spec of it and the work that has gone into getting it to this standard. If we don't get the asking price, or very close to it we will keep it as our circumstances has changed again and things are looking a little rosier
Old May 12th, 2014, 14:51   #6
Octane83

Hi is this car still for sale?
Octane83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2014, 18:24   #7
dilksie

Yes the car is still for sale. I have someone wanting to come and look at it at the weekend, just waiting for them to get back to me with a time.
Old May 24th, 2014, 11:53   #8
dilksie

UPDATE

Had 3 people interested in the car and wanted to view last weekend but frustratingly they all changed their minds at the last minute so the car is still for sale.

MOT was carried out this morning and sadly failed on a front wishbone bush and a rear anti roll bar drop link plus there was a couple of advisories for a couple of dust covers on the front ball joints and drop links. To this end I will be replacing the following

Both front wishbones with genuine Volvo items
Both front ball joints
All 4 droplinks

The car will be then come with MOT until June 14 and as the tax is due next week I will stick another 6 months on

Price is still £5500, close offers will be considered.
The Following User Says Thank You to dilksie For This Useful Post:
Old May 30th, 2014, 16:17   #9
dilksie

MOT now passed and next due on the 18th June 2015

Parts replaced were both front wishbones (gen Volvo), both ball joints and all 4 drop links (meyle heavy duty). I also replaced the rear trailing arm bushes as I has them in the garage after the local Volvo dealer noticed they were starting to look worn when they did an inspection on the car last year
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:42   #10
AB-UK
Premier Member

It sounds like you've fixed everything which is likely to go wrong which makes this a good buy.
I had a '53 SE model, and the Premium sound system was superior to even the latest 2014 "premium" system. Included a sub-woofer too.
Good luck with the sale and I hope it goes to another good home.
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote