Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Trader's Offers & Discounts
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Trader's Offers & Discounts A forum for discussing special offers that are available to VOC or Forum members. Commercial organisations must first seek permission to post details of products.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Owners Insurance

Views : 2381

Replies : 13

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 13:58   #1
Alwyn
Alwyn

Default Volvo Owners Insurance

I have for the second time asked for a quote from VOC Insurance at renewal time.

They always ask what the existing renewal premium is to undercut. Although they were able to quote a lower premium I got a significantly cheaper quote from Saga online.

The practice of asking for existing renewal quotes is unfair to the current provider and I will think twice before calling VOC Insurance in future.

I wonder if other members ahve experienced similar problems.
Alwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 14:54   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Most insurance companies do this now.

I were getting quotes together for my 780 that I am importing. One from Adrian Flux and one from Heritage. Heritage asked me what quote I had, but couldn't get even close.

Great for me, great for AF.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 16:58   #3
S60-MBS
VOC Member

I have just renewed my insurance through Zenith for my S60,Their quote was the best with all the bells ands whistles that come with it.No other company including VOC insurance,Flux and Knott would even compare to it with a price difference ranging from £300 - £1500.They all asked my previous best quote which i gave them and just gave up after that.My current provider decided to raise price by £250.
Old Apr 22nd, 2009, 21:46   #4
John_C
Allons-y!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Parker View Post
The practice of asking for existing renewal quotes is unfair to the current provider and I will think twice before calling VOC Insurance in future.
That has to be a first, someone who thinks it's unfair to pay less for their car insurance
John_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 10:45   #5
Danneh
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_C View Post
That has to be a first, someone who thinks it's unfair to pay less for their car insurance
I was also somewhat surprised about that too
Danneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 13:12   #6
the alarming man
V.O.C MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danneh View Post
I was also somewhat surprised about that too
L.O.L but i got my best price from the post office....not the first place you would think about getting an insurance quote from
the alarming man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2009, 14:05   #7
cumbrianmale
Forum Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by the alarming man View Post
L.O.L but i got my best price from the post office....not the first place you would think about getting an insurance quote from
Ditto

I was getting quotes around £305 so tried the VOC policy they couldn't beat it by 10% as advertised but offered £299.99, when I tried to accept an online quote for the Post office it jumped to over £400 so I rang them to find out why. Turns out my accident and points were showing up twice. Once sorted I got cover for £288 fully comp with business use and 30,000 pa miles.

Previous Volvos
90 240 GL B230FB Auto
96 940 CD
13 V40 D2 R-design
89 745 GLE
98 V90 3.0 24v
98 945 Celebration Auto
96 965 SE Auto
86 744 GL
81 244 DL
cumbrianmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 13:29   #8
1stRaven
Forum Support Team

My insurance is due up at the end of may and I spent some time this weekend looking round for quotes. I paid £430 last year on the c70 with 0 points, 0 accidents and 5 years protected no claims. This year, the cheapest is £450 with 0 points, accidents, 6 years protected no claims and I'm another year older.

No idea how they work this out but I always thought car insurance should go down, not up!
Old Apr 27th, 2009, 14:07   #9
malcolmk
VOC Member

Wink

hi,just to let everyone know why a lot of brokers ask for the best quote to date,we have a scheme for our own postcodes only for good risks,we as brokers have to decide the risk within certain criteria,we are not given a rate we can decide within a set limit compared to what others are offering,although we can make up a premium it has to be backed up by with some sort of evidence,if a customer seems a bit funny then it may not be best to put them with the scheme as one bad experience and the insurance company stop the scheme and that ruins it for everyone else,moral of the story , always be nice to us insurance brokers!malcolmk
malcolmk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to malcolmk For This Useful Post:
Old Apr 30th, 2009, 18:30   #10
Danneh
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk View Post
hi,just to let everyone know why a lot of brokers ask for the best quote to date,we have a scheme for our own postcodes only for good risks,we as brokers have to decide the risk within certain criteria,we are not given a rate we can decide within a set limit compared to what others are offering,although we can make up a premium it has to be backed up by with some sort of evidence,if a customer seems a bit funny then it may not be best to put them with the scheme as one bad experience and the insurance company stop the scheme and that ruins it for everyone else,moral of the story , always be nice to us insurance brokers!malcolmk
Did someone just say be "nice" to insurance brokers?

Danneh is offline   Reply With Quote