Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Liber-T Peage Tag, best location on the XC90 ?

Views : 16821

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 13:16   #21
zentravel

Hi Hopwood - did you have any luck with the tag on the V60? Thanks.
zentravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:58   #22
Alastair210673

Hi

I made the trip to the South of France at the weekend and the tag worked perfectly on my wifes XC90.

Having looked at the forums there is lots of conflicting locations, but for me, I placed it in the blue tinted area at the top of the windscreen, about 2 inches to the left (passenger side) of the rear view mirror casing, and about half an inch down from the top edge of the screen.

All I did was drive up to the barrier normally, it beeps, barrier raises and off you go - works on both slow and 30 kph lanes

I hope this helps.

Alastair
Alastair210673 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alastair210673 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 20:54   #23
zentravel

Default V60 toll tag

Just returned from France in the V60 and all tolls worked OK. Turns out you can pull off the black plastic casing over the rain sensor and just pop the tag inside at the lower end on the left hand side, then click the cover back on. Worked every time and no rattling.
zentravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20th, 2013, 14:30   #24
Beavis
Premier Member

Returned from France last month. Just got my invoice and there were a few class 2 bills as I was carrying a roofbox. About £20-30 worth.

I notified them and just received this:

I have requested for this toll to be adjusted. Please note that the process for toll adjustments takes a minimum of 4 weeks for tolls on the Sanef networks and a minimum of 2 months on other networks.
Once processed, the adjustment will appear on your invoice automatically.

Kind regards

looks like i'll have to wait 1-2+ months to get the credit back then , then i suppose it will just sit on the account until I use it next year.....doh.
Beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 16:11   #25
GrahamJW

Default For SANEF tag position in XC90 - this works

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair210673 View Post
Hi

I made the trip to the South of France at the weekend and the tag worked perfectly on my wifes XC90.

Having looked at the forums there is lots of conflicting locations, but for me, I placed it in the blue tinted area at the top of the windscreen, about 2 inches to the left (passenger side) of the rear view mirror casing, and about half an inch down from the top edge of the screen.

All I did was drive up to the barrier normally, it beeps, barrier raises and off you go - works on both slow and 30 kph lanes

I hope this helps.

Alastair
I followed Alastair's advice on this.
Just back from a drive down to Chatel and back.
With the tag in this position it worked first time and every subsequent time in all toll lanes including the "approach at up to 30kph" ones.
GrahamJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 15:26   #26
stephenlumb67

Same here. followed the same advice from Alastair and no problems down to the south of france and back at half term.
stephenlumb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21st, 2016, 23:53   #27
AlexC713

Lightbulb Proposed Sanef toll tag experiment XC90 (MY2007)

The placement recommended by Sanef is occupied by a large black cover on my XC90 MY2007. Peeking in from the side, the rain sensor is fixed to the windscreen almost at the bottom of the cover but most of the rest is empty space, although there is a metal head plate at the top.

I tried very hard to unhook the cover, but I couldn't figure it out. Might ask my friendly Independent Volvo Centre next time it's in for a service.

Having decided to leave the cover intact, I realised that the tag will slip in there quite happily. It would be tricky to get it out, though, if I needed to because it didn't work. Will try a duct tape loop, but in the meantime I've inserted the tag's clip into the tag, to bulk it out and stop the tag rattling around in there, and then slipped the whole thing into the casing just above the rain sensor and on the left hand side of the cover. I'll revisit the forum after our next trip and let you all know how it got on.
AlexC713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2016, 00:37   #28
gmonag
Premier Member

This is my rain sensor cover (2005 Exec). I believe some models have a smaller version but you can see how it is attached.

IMAG0182.jpg

To remove just prise the top corners out slightly and pull down

Greg
gmonag is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gmonag For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2016, 15:01   #29
owenfackrell
Premier Member

Our xc90 has the heat reflective windscreen however it only extends a short way into the blue strip and as long as it's mounted above this it works. Mine is placed so that you can't see it from the drivers seat and this is the second trip I have used it on. It makes life so much easier.
owenfackrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14th, 2017, 21:31   #30
hawkeak

Default Where to fit sanef tag/dart tag to xc90 with heated screen

Have 2017 XC90 T8 with heated windscreen. The Senef tag cannot be fitted in the mottle area as the sensors housing for the various road safety gadgets fills up the screen directly behind the rear view mirror. If you look closely at the windscreen you can see the heating elements within the glass. At the bottom right and bottom left of the windscreen there is a 'blank area' where there are no wires. If you have the plastic ticket holder you can affix your dart tag to it and will work no problem. When driving in Europe I fixed the Sanef tag to the passenger side of the windscreen in the bottom left hand corner just above (say 25mm above) where the windscreen is imprinted with the info about the air bags . I drove to Switzerland and back through France and the tag worked every time and saves considerable time at the toll barriers. . Hope this is of use.
hawkeak is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hawkeak For This Useful Post:

Tags
liber-t, toll tag