Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Steering Wheel "Select" Button

Views : 1864

Replies : 15

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 14th, 2020, 09:11   #1
Ian1965

Default Steering Wheel "Select" Button

Morning everyone. The small select button on the steering wheel seems to be becoming unreliable. Quite often there is no response when pressing it, for example to acknowledge the car seatbelt image that you see at start-up, or as a shortcut to mute the radio. Has anyone had this fixed under warranty before? I have about 8 months of warranty left.
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 10:02   #2
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1965 View Post
Morning everyone. The small select button on the steering wheel seems to be becoming unreliable. Quite often there is no response when pressing it, for example to acknowledge the car seatbelt image that you see at start-up, or as a shortcut to mute the radio. Has anyone had this fixed under warranty before? I have about 8 months of warranty left.

Yes, it's a known fault that sonetimes occurs.

Quite a few on here have had it done.

Mine was intermittent and dealer replaced under warranty without ever seeing or replicating the fault.

It will be a button module replacement, but make sure the wiring loom is replaced too - some say that the loom is the cause.....

Definitely get it done. :-)
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kenp8257 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 10:31   #3
tem
Premier Member

Yes, I had the right hand steering wheel button cluster and wiring loom replaced under extended warranty last November.
The problem that I had, was changing radio stations.
A known fault.

tem.
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 12:01   #4
Davebbass

Yep I’ve had it twice. First time they just replaced the button, second time both sets of buttons and the loom was done and it’s been spot on since.
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 15:12   #5
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

My left hand arrow on the right hand side of wheel buttons is playing up, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It's booked in for a dealer to look at in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 14th, 2020, 15:27   #6
MCV60
Master Member

Quote:

Yes, appears to be a common fault, up there with steering modules, indicator warning failure / wiper issues / stalk replacements.
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=310298
https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=304402
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 16:18   #7
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopsSA View Post
My left hand arrow on the right hand side of wheel buttons is playing up, sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. It's booked in for a dealer to look at in a couple of weeks.
This has now been completed - steering wheel switch pack replaced, not sure if that is both sides or just the one?

Dealer also very kindly refilled my adblue and washer fluid as well - hadn't meant to leave them empty. FOC too.
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 20:00   #8
Ian1965

Select switch now replaced foc.

Took the opportunity to replace the remaining 2 conti eco tyres with Michelin Latitude Sport 3 too.
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 09:53   #9
Woody3537

Unhappy

Quote:
Mine has just stopped workking today, Im 15 days outside of the warranty, going to see if they will replace free of charge or if I have to pay for it. Not very hopeful.
Woody3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 10:44   #10
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody3537 View Post
Mine has just stopped workking today, Im 15 days outside of the warranty, going to see if they will replace free of charge or if I have to pay for it. Not very hopeful.
I would push for that be done for free, or if that fails, at least some good will towards the repair from Volvo, as it is such a common issue that they are aware of. Mine was done on my previous car sometime between 2 - 3 years old.

:wq
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post: