Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Unusual

Views : 1100

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 27th, 2018, 15:28   #11
costajus

Quote:
One of them just about does......Try Y259PRD....worked on MOT History check
Blimey, you must be able to see around corners in photographs

Nothing scary coming up in the MoT history.
costajus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 20:35   #12
ITSv40
VOC Member

That is not a Collection Special Edition, but a bog standard 2001 model with a dodgy respray. The collection was only available in 2004-5 and was Volvo's last ditch attempt to entice purchasers through the doors, before the new C70 hardtop convertible hit the showroom. The Alcantara interior is also standard for that age of car. Interesting that the advertiser does not show any open bonnet or door shots, I suspect the original paint will show and will be in a different colour.
ITSv40 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ITSv40 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 20:48   #13
pepper16
VOC Member

Hi...just my thoughts.....
Wheels....they look similar to a multi spoke that was standard (silver) from maybe 2003 onwards...of course I stand to be corrected, and welcome it....but it's hard to tell as they've had an awful 'spray job'.
If it's what I think it is....it's the standard alloy...unless you chose to upgrade to comet or others....but this only applies to early C70. ...which would equate to a y reg plate ? So makes sense.
However...what's weird is the aluminium finish trim which I thought was only available much later?
I have to say the half leather seats completely foxes me...?
Colour.....mmmm. there was a colour like this, again on early c70 Conv. .and as earlier poster said....if it was treated and mopped to within inch of its life...could look like this.

2005 C70 2.0 T Auto Convertible. 75k miles.
17" Comet C alloys.
pepper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 20:59   #14
pepper16
VOC Member

Hi...while I was typing...ITSv40 posted and he always has a good point to add.
The guy isn't asking much money .....so if it's been resprayed, and unless youre looking for a genuine, fsh, example to keep...then I don't see a problem...at that price.
However....perhaps the seller should state if it has been resprayed and as ITSv40 says , it should be visible on door shuts etc..

17" Comet C alloys.
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 21:29   #15
costajus

I'm going to call the seller again tomorrow now that the bank holiday weekend is over and see if I can go take a look at it. Doncaster isn't too far away from me and there is another car I am interested in on ebay finishing in 2 days so I need to see this one tomorrow really to rule it in or out.

I'm not looking for an immaculate car, hence my tiny budget but for only about £700 it could be worth it for what I want and would be something slightly different and individual which appeals to me. I don't personally think the colour / respray is dodgy or that the wheels have been given an awful spray job (just going from the photos of course).

Each to their own, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder.

Thank you to everyone for your input both positive and negative. I will update tomorrow all being well.
Old Aug 27th, 2018, 21:38   #16
pepper16
VOC Member

Hi....look at an advert on autotrader about six or seven down from this one....it's a blue colour....and I think it's got the same type of alloys , but not painted ?

17" Comet C alloys.
Old Aug 28th, 2018, 09:51   #17
costajus

Well the car is sold apparently so that's the end of that!