Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo of Oak Park

Views : 870

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 29th, 2013, 10:59   #1
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Default Volvo of Oak Park

I've heard good things about this company in the past but after I've ordered isofix brackets with them which have now been lost in the post!!! I would stay well clear of this company!!!!!!!!!!

I contacted them to state I've not received the package and there postal tracker say it's been delivered to the address supplied by myself and signed by someone I've never heard of? So it's not been delivered to the address I stated! All I got back from them is basically it's my problem!!! That's really good customer service, take my money and run!!!!

I've payed near £50 for these brackets and to be told not in so many words to **** off has really annoyed me.

Only one saving grace is I payed through PayPal so I've got to argue the case with them now!

So been warned if you order anything from this company and it doesn't turn up!! Prepare to have fun getting your money back!!
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 11:53   #2
christheancient
Aged Volvo Lover

Location: A place in mendip-land famous for its cheese - and its gorge

I think that you are being unduly harsh to Volvo of Oak Park.

They got the part sand posted them to the address you gave.

I think the problem is with the delivery company in that they have (seemingly) delivered them to the wrong place?

So stop blaming Volvo of Oak Park! They did as they were requested to do.

Our children don't inherit the world from us. We are borrowing it from them.
christheancient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 12:06   #3
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheancient View Post

I think the problem is with the delivery company in that they have (seemingly) delivered them to the wrong place?

But they are responsible for chasing up non delivery not the customer !
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 12:12   #4
JamesV70R
Forum Support Team

From what I understand, the parts WERE delivered ... There is a signature accepting delivery. Thats gong to be the hard part if you try and get your money back through Paypal. Volvo have proof that parts were dispatched, and delivered, along with a Proof of Delivery. As far as they are concerned they have done everything they needed to.

Best thing to do would be to have the dealership contact the delivery company and confirm the address that it was delivered to, and ensure that was the address you gave to Volvo.

Did you have it delivered to your work, or to home? Could it possibly have been delivered to a neighbor? Were they sent through a courier (TNT, DPD, UPS?) or through Royal Mail? If Royal Mail, was it "Special Delivery" or "Recorded"?

James

Last edited by JamesV70R; Nov 29th, 2013 at 12:15.
JamesV70R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 16:40   #5
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christheancient View Post

I don't think it's my job to chase delivery as a customer if it's been delivered to the wrong place!!
I wouldn't expect my customers to do that!
The delivery address was my work where only two of us work there and I've never had a problem with anything else.

I've got no idea who was the courier as the company don't seem to want to tell me? Or they have no idea themselfs?

Put yourselfs in my shoes, if you had payed nearly £50 for parts what have never turned up and they told you it's your problem, would you be happy with that?
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 16:56   #6
LJD
I've Been Banned

Customer service in this country is dire....

I had a complaint in Jamie "dope head" Oliver's new place in NottingHill.
Despite them having state of art CCTV covering service areas and tills etc, they could not locate the incident despite been given correct dates and times

Companies just don't care ...5 weeks later it's a email, would you like a coffee on us.

No.....I want the staff member sacked for been rude and I want a full apology !!

It's a crap place so don't bother .
Sally Clark's is so much better
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 17:45   #7
Mount vision rider
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD View Post
Customer service in this country is dire....

I had a complaint in Jamie "dope head" Oliver's new place in NottingHill.
Despite them having state of art CCTV covering service areas and tills etc, they could not locate the incident despite been given correct dates and times

Companies just don't care ...5 weeks later it's a email, would you like a coffee on us.

No.....I want the staff member sacked for been rude and I want a full apology !!

It's a crap place so don't bother .
Sally Clark's is so much better

If the dealers were in this country I would be off to see them direct to kick off but there in the states because no volvo dealers in this country can get isofix brackets anymore. Obviously tho it's some unless and brain dead courier in this country what's delivered them somewhere?

I know what you mean tho, customer service in this country is crap now a days!!!
Old Nov 29th, 2013, 22:14   #8
LJD
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mount vision rider View Post
If the dealers were in this country I would be off to see them direct to kick off but there in the states because no volvo dealers in this country can get isofix brackets anymore. Obviously tho it's some unless and brain dead courier in this country what's delivered them somewhere?

I know what you mean tho, customer service in this country is crap now a days!!!
Rear isofix brackets ??
I bought last year from Swansea .
LJD is offline   Reply With Quote