Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Tuning for audi 2.5

Views : 2761

Replies : 20

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 24th, 2008, 19:14   #1
jamiefc

Default Tuning for audi 2.5

What are the options for tuning the Audi 2.5 tdi lump ? ie increased power output
jamiefc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 19:46   #2
phasesonix

There's a couple "diesel power boxes" about which make it from 140 to 160Bhp(same as first D5) but the vw 2.5 likes to chugg.So I guess it will probaly not last as long as it would with out the tuning box on??

I think blanking the EGR valve and getting new injector nozzles will make a difference as well(thats what I'm going to do)
phasesonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2008, 21:37   #3
jamiefc

Smile

What sort of price do the power boxes come in at ?
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 20:46   #4
jamiefc

Found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
The guy said it will work fine with the 2.5 tdi
Old Aug 30th, 2008, 20:59   #5
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefc View Post
Found this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:X:RTQ:GB:1123
The guy said it will work fine with the 2.5 tdi
hi had one fitted to my 850 tdi that cost me £300 the reason so expensive i went for a digi one , the one you have shown will only put extra fuel in with no air increase, this will cause overfueling and loads of black smoke , its your choice but read up first on other web sites, to me thats cheap and no good. hope that helps. all the tuning boxes are easy to fit.
mike
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31st, 2008, 00:06   #6
phasesonix

Hi,

There are 2 different plugs for the fuel pumps on these so make sure the plug on the pumps matches.

They are normally about £100 but I seen used ones go for about £40.

Also as stated by outnumbered there are differences between the digital and analogue ones.So it's worth speaking to someone who knows there stuff and is not trying to sell you one.
phasesonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 20:29   #7
jamiefc

Hi,
yes i have purchased the £40 job. Will post my results foor any intereste parties. £300 is just too much for my car a 2001 2.5 d se with 160 k on the clock. So i have been told to expect better fuel economy plus another 35 bhp so i am loking forward to experiencing this.
But
before i can i need to find where the chip plugs into - i have to get the correct type of adaptor pin ( where the chip plugins into) but i dont know where to look ? Anyone with any idea ?

i will post my findings for the benefit of the other forums users

many thanks
jamie

Last edited by jamiefc; Sep 9th, 2008 at 20:48.
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 20:47   #8
jamiefc

Aplogies for the baad speeling
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 20:48   #9
outnumbered
Lunatic from Wakefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefc View Post
Hi,
yes i have purchased the £40 job. Will post my results foor any intereste parties. £300 is just too much for my car a 2001 2.5 d se with 160 k on the clock. So i have been told to expect better fuel economy plus another 35 bhp so i am loking forward to experiencing this.
But
before i can i need to find where the chip plugs into - i have to get the correct type of adaptor pin ( where the chip plugins into) but i dont know where to look ? Anyone with any idea ?

many thanks
jamie
hi
the plug and play boxes on the 850 and v70 classic hooked up to the connector at the pump . i would say yours would be the same if you look down where the oil filler pipe is you will see the black 8 pin plug. hope that helps
mike
outnumbered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2008, 20:51   #10
jamiefc

thanks will go outside with torch and have look now. The box is coming from germany so the sooner the better.
How did you find the chip you put in ? Good fun ? The standard 2.5 d for me anyway seems beatufifully torquey - cant wait to getit going with extra oomph ! ! !!!!