Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 140/164 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

140/164 Series General Forum for the Volvo 140 and 164 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1975 164E fuel problem, and parts source??

Views : 1911

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 14th, 2005, 23:56   #1
autoneer1

Default 1975 164E fuel problem, and parts source??

I have just inherited a 1975 Volvo 164E sedan in MINT original condition with only 17,000 miles on it. The car has not been run since 1987, and is so clean, it could take first place in a car show. I had a chance to fuss with it some last weekend. I could get it to fire up on starting fluid, but determined no fuel was getting to the oval tube that feeds the injectors. The gas tank is clean with new gas in it, and the fuse for the fuel pump is labeled with all the rest in the door jamb under the dash. It appears good and not corroded. Then I ran out of time, and had to leave it. (The car is 5 hours distant from my home) The waterpump leaked, so we just ordered a new one (nearest available one was in a warehouse in Tennessee) If anyone has any repair tips or sources of parts in the USA, I'd appreciate a heads up.
Many thanx!
Jeff

Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 16:18   #2
164eman

Were you ever successful in getting the old boy running? Even if in beautiful condition, the wiring harnesses become brittle at this age, and of course the hoses are rotted. I'd be interested to hear how it turned out.
Old Jan 2nd, 2006, 20:11   #3
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

It could be a hole in the petrol pipe. It may well be just sucking air!
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 09:02   #4
DaveTrenaman

Hi Jeff,
My parnters Great Aunt has just hit the age of needing to go into a nursing. They have a 1971 164 that they need to sell. I have only had a brief look around it, and there appears to be only a very small amount of rust in the rear panel around the bumper with no dents anywhere. I know it runs, but am not sure of anything else. If you are interested or would know of anyone who is, i can find out for you.
Thanks,
Dave.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 11:33   #5
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Where abouts is the car?
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote