Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '06-'16 / V70 & XC70 '07-'16 General Forum for the P3-platform S80 and 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Power steering pump replacement

Views : 869

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 10th, 2022, 23:35   #1
Org

Default Power steering pump replacement

I need to replace the electric power steering pump on my 2011 D5 S80, but have a problem , I've been in touch with a couple of Volvo breakers but they want the part number off of the existing pump, unfortunately there is no part number just a bar code that when scanned means nothing. My local dealer can't supply a pump for 10 days as there are none available in the UK or Sweden at the moment also they want £560 plus vat , the dealer won't give out any part numbers for me to cross reference. Is there any way of finding the part number , for example using VIDA, any help would be appreciated.
Org is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7th, 2022, 22:20   #2
Org

Managed to get hold of a powersteering pump secondhand for my S80 , went ahead and changed it over but now the steering is extremely heavy and I have a message saying steering system service required and some generic codes, which when checked out show no communication or incompatible part. Do I have to code or reset something in vida, if so I will need to purchase the setup when Cheshired5 is back on the forum, for the time being I have refitted the original pump. Any help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 8th, 2022, 14:34   #3
V70Zig
Master Member

You could try ringing FRF in Swansea and quote C30 (discount code for this forum),also ask them to give you the part number.
Failing that I would need to know which engine type/number eg.D5204T2, manual or auto or better still VIN number....only PM me that don't post it. I have Vida and could have a look for you.

Ps. You can get the software for free if your running Win 10, have a look here and follow instructions to the letter :- https://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/fo...p?f=40&t=97268

Passed away - 1999 V70 2.5tdi Auto 340632 miles, RIP.
V70Zig is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V70Zig For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 00:04   #4
Org

Just found out I need to do a PSM reset to allow the new pump to work
Old Mar 11th, 2022, 08:16   #5
passenger
Master Member

What PSM stand for?
passenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12th, 2022, 08:09   #6
XC70Virgin

Power Steering Module probably
Old Mar 21st, 2022, 20:17   #7
Org

I have been trying to find out more about the PSM Reload that is needed to fit the replacement power steering pump to my car but it looks like I am out of options , as there does not appear to be any way of reassigning a used pump to my car. I have been chatting to a very helpful chap at Volvo Vida Diagnostics Europe and I think I have exhausted all but 2 of my options. It looks like I will be taking the good pump to bits to see if I can swap some parts over to my pump and take it from there then if that isnt possible the last option would be to have my local dealer fit a genuine pump and code it to the car.
Old Mar 22nd, 2022, 17:20   #8
passenger
Master Member

Well I see now on one topic on some forum. Guy disconnected connector from PS pump and reconnect. Try it. For him that was that

Last edited by passenger; Mar 22nd, 2022 at 17:27.
Old Mar 22nd, 2022, 17:39   #9
passenger
Master Member

Just saw it in vida now

Probably you need to go in Volvo for that
The Following User Says Thank You to passenger For This Useful Post: