Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > Parts - Sales and Wants > Generic Parts for Sale
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Swap or PX, 850 2.5 10v Manual for RWD Volvo

Views : 531

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 1st, 2008, 19:35   #1
DmcL
WTF?

Default Swap or PX, 850 2.5 10v Manual for RWD Volvo

posting this mainly to see if there would be any interest.

my late 97 (98 in the log book) 850 has 85k and recent service by myself at 83k including timing belt. everything works, driving great, no rattles/squeaks, its got tax for just shy of 6 months and MOT till feb i think and should sail thru next MOT. tan half leather interior in good condition.

bad points are 1 fog light is broken, missing headlight wipers, reverse switch needs replacing (lights dont work, not an MOT requirement tho), 2 small dents, some scratches here and there and laquer peeling on the spoiler. currently using the car on a daily basis and depending how long i own it i will be sorting some or all of the above bad bits.

id be looking for a RWD volvo of some sort. preferably manual tho may consider auto. preferably as quick as my 2.5 10v but again would consider slower. needs to be MOT'd and driving reasonably well. mainly interested in 240 series (round lamp model ideal, but also consider later models), 940/960 or 740.

any interest from anyone on the forums here? for the right car id be willing to make the trip across the pond from N.Ireland.

more info and pics can be found here:
http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59042

Last edited by DmcL; Dec 1st, 2008 at 19:45.
DmcL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2008, 13:09   #2
DmcL
WTF?

anyone? surely someone must be looking to move on to a newer model.

there is no rust or rot on the car and it runs like a dream. i wouldnt be looking to change if she wasnt front wheel drive. call me old fashioned but i just prefer power to the rears.