Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

First service.. Mpg dropped since... Anyone else?

Views : 3543

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2012, 08:51   #1
exasperated

Default First service.. Mpg dropped since... Anyone else?

Just had my first service on the car and immediatelyiI've noticed a drop of about. 3mpg, which in this car when it wasn't fabulous tosstart with isn't good. Has anyone else noticed this happen and why could it be ... Clan? I'm not imagining it.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 09:20   #2
844PHW
Master Member

Some people, including myself, have noticed this, in my case it seemed about 1 - 2 mpg. However, with increasing mileage it seems to have been creeping up again and now at about 18 months old it is at its highest so far (by about 1 or 2 mpg the other way). Apart from increased mileage, in the meantime various software modules have been updated at a "free safety check".
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 16:42   #3
V60 Drive

I wonder if they reset the ECU at the service?

V60 DRIVe MY12 Passion Red
V60 Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 16:46   #4
Ninja59
Probably Akita's Toyboy..

if they do what they usually do on a road test on mine they use the ac and auto mode of the fans if your basing it on the average from a recent service then your overall MPG might of dropped.

I would reset it when you fill up next time then do it.

In addition this past week or so has been starting to have its colder moments and if you have been using the fans to demist etc. i would expect your MPG to drop 3MPG easily.
Ninja59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 17:31   #5
exasperated

Hi All, no, no fans or AC on and I'd already reset the trip,when I picked up,the car from the service. They suggested I might have better fuel cons,potion because I'd had an oil change, but its definitely worse.

I am now getting 24 mpg on runs where I used to get 27. I'm not heavy on the accelerator because I'm aware of how hungry this beast is. Done 7000 miles so far. It was getting a shade better before the service; it's now back to what it was when I first had it.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 17:58   #6
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Crikey that fuel consumption seems high, my car is averaging over 32 and mostly on short journeys. Getting over 36 on motorways /A and B road journeys, and its the same car as yours. I have found that computer figures are within about half a mpg of actual figures measured by tanking car.
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 18:05   #7
exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterdesign View Post
Crikey that fuel consumption seems high, my car is averaging over 32 and mostly on short journeys. Getting over 36 on motorways /A and B road journeys, and its the same car as yours. I have found that computer figures are within about half a mpg of actual figures measured by tanking car.
Yes, I've mentioned what I believe to be too high fuel consumption but they always take it out on a road test and proudly come back and announce that they got 38! Of course I can get 38 too in the right circumstances. I agree though, I always do Fuelly and the mpg on the trip is fairly accurate. On purely town journeys, I'm only getting 24 as a max now.

How many miles has your car done?
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 18:10   #8
higthepig
Long-term XC60 Owner

Check the units of measurement in your settings. For some reason after a service mine was changed to US gallons, not sure why, but took me a few weeks before I found it (whilst waiting outside the supermarket for 'her who normally drives the car').
Old Nov 16th, 2012, 20:34   #9
Whiterdesign
Master Member

Only done 3K so hoping will improve even more.
Old Nov 17th, 2012, 17:15   #10
exasperated

Quote:
Originally Posted by higthepig View Post
Check the units of measurement in your settings. For some reason after a service mine was changed to US gallons, not sure why, but took me a few weeks before I found it (whilst waiting outside the supermarket for 'her who normally drives the car').
No, just checked and it's definitely (sadly) UK gallons!

So just my car that's rubbish MPG then. I got better from my old XC90.

Doesn't MY12.5 have stop/start? Mine doesn't