Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

British Motor Museum Meet - Sunday 10th October 2021

Views : 8581

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2021, 16:00   #1
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Default British Motor Museum Meet - Sunday 10th October 2021

TORQUEVOLVO are heading to the British Motor Museum...celebrating our last Big Meet of 2021 !!

This meet will unite Volvo enthusiasts from many clubs across the UK….a gathering of the finest Swedish Metal that the UK has to offer against the iconic British Motors on display within the Museum.

Arrival Time is 10.00am.

The Address: British Motor Museum, Banbury Road, Gaydon, Warwickshire, CV35 0BJ - or simply enter ‘The British Motor Museum’ as a point of interest into the sat nav. The Museum is conveniently located less than 5 minutes off J12 of the M40.

The British Motor Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of British cars, boasting over 300 cars in its Collection, which span the Classic, Vintage and Veteran eras – a Mecca for any car enthusiast. With awesome Displays, Exhibitions & Tours, there’s something for every petrol head both young and old….along with the Cafe & Gift Shop.

TORQUEVOLVO have been allocated the entire North Car Park at this world-class venue, a superb space to gather, meet, chat, exchange parts and definitely get some photos.

Discounted Tickets to enter the Museum are available on the day from your TORQUEVOLVO Event Team Members located in Event Tent:

1) Adult tickets are £12.
2) Children between the age of 5 and 16 years of age are discounted to £7.
3) Children under the age of 5 can enter free.

The British Motor Museum is 100% Accessible for the less able bodied Volvo owner with lifts to all levels. Accompanying Carers gain free access to the Museum.

Baby changing facilities inside the museum and pushchairs can be exchanged for Push Along Cars.

Dogs are allowed in the Outside areas of the Museum BUT not inside. Dogs must be kept on leads.

Sunday 10th October…British Motor Museum

Highlights of 2019 British Motor Museum Meet with TorqueVolvo

stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 8th, 2021, 10:18   #2
Dippydog
Premier Member

Plan is for step daughter and myself to be there.I'd have liked to have both my V70 and 960 there but it's not an affordable option at present.I understand that as well as their mainly BL exhibits the museum also has at least some of the Vauxhall heritage collection vehicles on display.
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 14:28   #3
Simon703

Hi, trying to work out if the journey will be worth it. keen to meet other P1800 owners. If you’ve been on previous years can you let me know how many P1800 usually attend?
Many thanks.
Simon703 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simon703 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 16:08   #4
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon703 View Post
Hi, trying to work out if the journey will be worth it. keen to meet other P1800 owners. If you’ve been on previous years can you let me know how many P1800 usually attend?
Many thanks.
It will definitely be worth the journey if you're wanting a good day out with fellow Volvo owners, we have had a few P1800s attend previous visits BUT I couldn't say how many will be there tomorrow....yours could be the only P1800.

These meets are friendly and sociable & irrespective whether you arrive in a 2021 XC90 or a 1956 Amazon....we are all Volvo enthusiasts and appreciate each others cars and passion. Come along to the Museum Meet tomorrow & have a cracking day out.....we've even booked the sunshine
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 21:10   #5
Dippydog
Premier Member

Been to one previously[can't recall if it was the 2019 one or not]Saabs were also invited along and a few owners of those were also in attendance,definitely a great day out at a great location and well worth the journey.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 20:47   #6
Dippydog
Premier Member

Nice weather,good selection of Volvos and a great museum to look round.Arrived home ten and three quarter hours after setting off.Absolutely brilliant day out.Recommend everyone to go next year if such a meet is arranged.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 10th, 2021, 23:56   #7
john.wigley
VOC Member since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
Nice weather,good selection of Volvos and a great museum to look round.Arrived home ten and three quarter hours after setting off.Absolutely brilliant day out.Recommend everyone to go next year if such a meet is arranged.
Pleased that you had a good day out, 'D.d.'. We too had a very pleasant and productive day at the TVS meeting at Newark and afterwards in the town in the sunshine.

Met some very interesting folk, all with a shared passion for Volvo. Many good things were discussed for next year, following the necessarily restricted activities of late (on account of Covid). Let's hope that 2022 will prove to be a much better year for us all.

I'm sure that we all appreciate the considerable time and effort that is put in by those (volunteers) who plan, co-ordinate and run the meetings, activities and events such as today's, for the benefit of us all.

Regards, John.
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 07:51   #8
BIGDADDYhtfc

Had a great time yesterday, Thank you to all who came.
This was my first meet despite been on my 5th Volvo, will be attending again.
BIGDADDYhtfc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BIGDADDYhtfc For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 13:49   #9
Simmy
Premier Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGDADDYhtfc View Post
Had a great time yesterday, Thank you to all who came.
This was my first meet despite been on my 5th Volvo, will be attending again.
why not join the new fb group Yorkshire volvo.
Simmy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Simmy For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 11th, 2021, 16:41   #10
Simon703

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenevans99 View Post
It will definitely be worth the journey if you're wanting a good day out with fellow Volvo owners, we have had a few P1800s attend previous visits BUT I couldn't say how many will be there tomorrow....yours could be the only P1800.

These meets are friendly and sociable & irrespective whether you arrive in a 2021 XC90 or a 1956 Amazon....we are all Volvo enthusiasts and appreciate each others cars and passion. Come along to the Museum Meet tomorrow & have a cracking day out.....we've even booked the sunshine
Great dat out thanks. Really pleased we made the trip. Met some very knowledgeable people, it was a good to hear the work that had been been done on their Amazons. I take my hat off to them.🎩 Well done to all those organisers and volunteers.
Just a shame the museum is for British cars!! Perhaps I’ll lobby for them to get a Jensen built P1800 🙊
Simon703 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simon703 For This Useful Post:

Tags
british motor museum, gaydon, meet, torquevolvo, volvo