Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > Events and Meetings

Notices

Events and Meetings Car events and meetings for Volvo cars can be listed and discussed here.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo UK World Record Attempt March 2019

Views : 91491

Replies : 257

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 19th, 2018, 10:23   #1
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Default Volvo UK World Record Attempt March 2019

Volvo Guinness World Record Attempt - 31st March 2019

600 VOLVOS NEEDED....Read On

The current Guinness World Record for the largest parade of Volvo cars is 570 and was achieved by Volvo Forum in association with Auto Boss (Poland) in Katowice, Poland on September 2010. The parade started on the border between Katowice and Chorzow and ended along the dual carriageway in Katowice. People travelled from Germany, Norway and Slovakia to witness the attempt.

Our sights are firmly fixed on beating this World Record and we need your help....

Classic Car Weekly reports:

A Volvo Facebook group wants to smash the current world record for the most Volvos travelling over a measured mile - and needs your help.

VolvoTuning.Net (VT) has been in touch with the Volvo Owners Club, Volvo Enthusiasts' Club & Volvo Owners' Scotland to break the record of 570 Volvos in convoy, set eight years ago in Poland. The attempt is open to any classic or current Volvo owner, regardless of club membership.

News of VolvoTuning.Net's bid, submitted to Guinness World Records, has stirred several American Volvo clubs into action. Stuart Mills, group admin, says: 'We must beat the Americans. Any breakdowns on the day and we'll get out and push, strictly to Guinness regulations, you understand!'

Stuart remains confident that at least 600 cars could be made available for a record attempt next year. A tentative date is set for Sunday 31st March 2019.

The venue for this World Record attempt is presently undecided although Bruntinthorpe & Rockingham have been suggested amongst many others.

Sunday 31st March 2019 is currently the day you need to mark on your calendar...cancel everything else. UK Volvo Community Needs You.

Will post updates as they arrive.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg WORLD RECORD POSTER DOUBLE.jpg (120.7 KB, 899 views)

Last edited by JamesV70R; Feb 26th, 2019 at 14:31. Reason: Date Changed.
stephenevans99 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stephenevans99 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 13:16   #2
Dippydog
Premier Member

If it's not too much further away than Northamptonshire and I still have the V70 I'd be up for this.But regardless I hope they break the record.Meanwhile is there any news of one of their big gatherings this year?
Dippydog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dippydog For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 13:27   #3
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippydog View Post
If it's not too much further away than Northamptonshire and I still have the V70 I'd be up for this.But regardless I hope they break the record.Meanwhile is there any news of one of their big gatherings this year?
It would be great to see you there. With regards to any larger meets, this years VT Meets calendar has been upset with the loss of one of the founder members. There are some smaller meets still in the pipeline for the remainder of this year, but 2019 will see the return of the larger national events.

Last edited by stephenevans99; Aug 19th, 2018 at 13:33.
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 13:41   #4
Dippydog
Premier Member

Sorry to hear of their loss and entirely understandable that it's knocked things sideways for them.
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 13:52   #5
reefy88

Default Uk world record

I will definitely be up for this. When and where?
reefy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to reefy88 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 14:22   #6
Triple-S
How Old?

Ditto and might well be the only Volvo 164 entering (?). Then again, if the brakes still haven't been sorted I might have to use my Volvo 145.

P
Triple-S is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Triple-S For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 15:57   #7
stephenevans99
Team TorqueVolvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefy88 View Post
I will definitely be up for this. When and where?
Sunday 21st April 2019. The venue has yet to be decided. Will confirm hopefully before too long.
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 19:28   #8
Dippydog
Premier Member

Shall keep my eye on this thread-for the reminder-although the date should be easy to remember as it's my sons birthday[it'll be his 40th]but there'll be no clash of interests as he lives just outside San Francisco so I'll hardly be popping round for a party As an aside April 21st is also the birthday Of H.M. Queen Elizabeth.
Old Aug 19th, 2018, 20:07   #9
wrinkles
VOC Member

I am up for it as long as it not hundreds of miles away Northamptonshire is ok with me
The Following User Says Thank You to wrinkles For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 22nd, 2018, 08:46   #10
migrator
Aye - him again

migrator, Mrs Mig, raymondo and might persuade 360dood to get along for this. That would be four motors for the group.

(Ouch - that's another knuckle ...)
VOC 11817
migrator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to migrator For This Useful Post:

Tags
guinness world record, meet, volvo