Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control / PA2?

Views : 16687

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 3rd, 2021, 21:34   #61
Chudy85
Volvo family member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Primero View Post
That's a decent drive.
I had a good run out today on the A1. Used both pilot Assist and ACC, its a bit nerve wracking when you're waiting for your car to slow down when the car ahead starts to slow
yes it's really weird to wait for car to stop and is really nice to use it in traffic. it is so great
Chudy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chudy85 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 19:16   #62
tdw197

Does anyone know if this upgrade can be applied to MY22 XC60. Picked mine up yesterday and already missing adaptive cruise control. It’s the Inscription Edition T6 if that makes a difference.
tdw197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 19:25   #63
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Primero View Post
That's a decent drive.
I had a good run out today on the A1. Used both pilot Assist and ACC, its a bit nerve wracking when you're waiting for your car to slow down when the car ahead starts to slow
If you increase the distance bars your car will react sooner when car ahead slows or stops,
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 19:26   #64
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw197 View Post
Does anyone know if this upgrade can be applied to MY22 XC60. Picked mine up yesterday and already missing adaptive cruise control. It’s the Inscription Edition T6 if that makes a difference.
It should be as they are all the same tech.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
The Following User Says Thank You to nu11eaf For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 9th, 2021, 19:31   #65
tdw197

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
It should be as they are all the same tech.
Thanks, was wondering as it has the Android Automotive system.
tdw197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2021, 09:19   #66
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Thanks, was wondering as it has the Android Automotive system.
The cars main driving and hardware systems are the same.
Old Oct 2nd, 2021, 21:52   #67
BojoMunich

I was told by my Volvo dealer that it can’t be added anymore since the 2020 models. Let us know if your dealer tells you something else ... thank you !
BojoMunich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3rd, 2021, 10:07   #68
Thorium

Quote:
See if the option is available for your car/model year in the Volvo accessories store website. When I had my XC90 upgraded to adaptive cruise/pilot assist, the option was listed on he website. Otherwise, I think you may be out of luck. Still worth a discussion with the Dealer if it's not shown.
Thorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9th, 2021, 17:05   #69
griffin447

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
The cars main driving and hardware systems are the same.
The hardware systems are actually quite different in the new models.

They've been significantly upgraded as the Android system requires a lot more graphics and processing power.

Saying that, the android system is only around a year old (having debuted in the XC40 P8). I wouldn't of thought Volvo have figured out how to add in retrofitted options to the software yet...
griffin447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2022, 05:00   #70
MrNickW
Volvo XC60 Recharge 2021

Default Intellisafe Assist ACC / Pilot Assist Upgrade after 2020

Quote:
I just purchased an XC60 recharge privately (2021 model) having been assured by my volvo dealership (Snows Winchester) the week previously that the intellisafe assist upgrade was possible. I even told them that it was a dealbreaker for me buying the car, so they called back having confirmed with the senior technician that it was definitely possible.
I took the car into the dealership yesterday as had the upgrade booked and was turned away saying that the upgrade have been ‘removed’. By the sounds of things, they are trying to cover up a mistake. I’m now faced with having to sell the car again as ACC was pretty much my favourite feature in my last 2 XC60s. Really miss it! Having done quite a bit of research, it seems where I have the early 21 model, there is absolutely no change in hardware to the 2020 model, I don’t have the android version of sensus for example. So I’m wondering whether I should investigate having an independent workshop apply the 2020 upgrade to my early 2021 model. Does anyone know whether this would be possible? and whether there is anyone in the UK willing to give it a go? Obviously I’m happy to pay rather than having to sell an otherwise superb car.

UPDATE: So it IS possible. Vipserwis in Poland have documented themselves adding the Intellisafe Assist upgrade to several Volvo cars after 2021. There are pictures and details on their Facebook page. A mere 20 hour drive and a ferry for me and they charge about £650 . Still works out cheaper than taking it to the dealer! There must be someone in the UK who can do this…

Last edited by MrNickW; May 25th, 2022 at 05:36.
MrNickW is offline   Reply With Quote