Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 200 Series General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

200 Series General Forum for the Volvo 240 and 260 cars

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Solex Cisac vacuum hose

Views : 1474

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 17th, 2009, 08:19   #1
dindo
EYB

Question Solex Cisac vacuum hose

Hi

I was cleaning the engine bay of my 240 gl when I accidentally pulled off one of the vacuum hoses connected to the Solex Cisac carburetor. Its the grayish color hose and upon checking, it came off with some sort of fitting that goes in the carb body. How does one go about fixing this?

I only experienced rough idling in the mornings after this happened. But as soon as the engine reaches it normal operating level, everything seems ok.
dindo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17th, 2009, 10:24   #2
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

This thread may help:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=35579
Clifford Pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 03:19   #3
dindo
EYB

Thanks Clifford for reminding me again about this particular thread. Though my concern is how to reinstall the grey vacuum hose that I accidentally pulled out of the carburetor body. Do I simply re insert it back? Upon careful examination, the hose comes with some sort of a fitting that goes into the carb.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 08:35   #4
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

I'm speaking from memory now, because I gave up on the Cisak months ago and fitted a Stromberg plus manifold from an earlier car.
As I recall, all the hoses had rubber straights or elbows on the end, and these just pushed over short brass tubes pressed into the carb body.
There was also a similar one into the inlet manifold, facing the wing, and one into the underside of the air cleaner.
The EGR unit bolted next to the black oil separator box also had a vacuum hose, again I think just a push fit over the metal nipple.

There is a hose from the black plastic device on the carb on the second throttle spindle, but I can't remember where that went - another outlet on the carb I think.

I can't remember any of the vacuum connections having anything special about the way they connected, and I can't picture any of the metal tube coming loose - they are factory fitted press-fits.

One of the hoses had a T-junction rubber connector, taking pipes I think to the temperature sensor and one of the devices on the wing. I'm pretty sure that was the manifold take-off.

Sorry, I can't recall any more. Someone else with a working set up ought to be able to help. Can you post a photograph?
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:36   #5
dindo
EYB

I will take pictures and email it. Yes, I agree, you have a better description...the brass tubes that connect the vacuum hose into the carb. When I accidentally jerked the hose, it came with the brass tube/nipple.

I just want to know how I can fit the hose back snuggly wiithout any leak.
Old Aug 18th, 2009, 12:48   #6
Clifford Pope
Not an expert but ...

I've never had one come loose, they always seem permanently pressed in.
So I'd guess you could just push it back in, possibly with a drop of Locktite.

I suppose there is a possibility that there might be some kind of valve inside that has fallen out (ball bearing?) but the exploded view in the book should make this clear.